Other Player

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by ZyamLegend337, Oct 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ZyamLegend337

Ok I really hope that this does not come across as a stupid question, but I just can't remember what it is, and I can't find it on Bukkit API. How do I define another player for a command?

For example to define the person that runs the command, or the sender, I do;

Code:
    Player s = (Player) sender;
    But how do I define another person, to perform an action on someone else by running a command? Similar to the /give or /kill command, after typing /kill you type a username like /kill ZyamLegend337, but to do it on yourself, it is just /kill, or /kill @s

Is there something like
    Code:
    Player p = (Player) receiver;

or

Player p = (Player) target;

Any help would be appreciated!

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@ZyamLegend337 Get the first argument, Bukkit.getPlayer(argument)

3. Offline

ZyamLegend337

@timtower so I want it to be when someone writes a command in chat, like /kill, whatever they write after that like /kill ZyamLegend337, how do I get ZyamLegend337 in my code? I know how to do it like Bukkit.getPlayer("ZyamLegend337"), but then that would only work for ZyamLegend337. I want it to work for whoever is entered in the chat. I am very new to Bukkit and Spigot, though I know a little bit of Java.

4. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@ZyamLegend337 You onCommand has an args variable, first value will be the name in this case

5. Offline

ZyamLegend337

Ah ok. I figured it out. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.