Opinions about the Plugin Submissions/Releases Forum

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by MeneXia, Jul 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm still quite confused as to why EvilSeph's post on phasing out these plugin related forums hasn't been fully implemented till now.

As a plugin developer, it is tedious to update plugin information/updates on both the forum thread on this site and on the project page on BukkitDev; however, BukkitDev already supports a forum option, which is easy to update as there is no need to change between the sites.

The markup language (i.e. formatting options) that BukkitDev supports for its pages is far more versatile than BBCode on the forums. Connecting this to making a thread for your plugin on the Bukkit Forums, it may be difficult for one to correct and change the formatting from the plugin pages of BukkitDev to a forum post (I have experienced this multiple times). I originally post my plugin on BukkitDev, then move it over to the Bukkit Forums; but what makes this difficult is that BBCode is not supported on BukkitDev. A simple solution to this is to utilize the forum options on BukkitDev directly.

The vast amount of threads in the plugin submissions forum that are still waiting to be approved to be moved to plugin releases doesn't make sense at this point of time as posting your plugin on BukkitDev and maintaining it there with the options available would be more efficient.

2. Offline

TnT

Notifications. They aren't as easy to use, and less intrusive as the Xenforo notifications.

We encourage everyone to use dev.bukkit.org. Forum submissions are largely just a legacy system at this time.

3. Offline

chaseoes

That post states you will be closing the submissions forum once most people have moved over. It's been almost a year since that post was made, I think we can all agree most everyone has switched over?

4. Offline

TnT

I would like to agree, but that's not the case. We still get reports consistently about forum submissions not being moved, inactive, etc.

If I had my way (I do need to listen to the community however), I would close it off and burn it with the fire of the ancients. I am pushing for the needed changes in the Curse backend to make this happen, but it will take time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.