Filled Operator Password on Join

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by DeJay6424, Sep 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

DeJay6424

Plugin category: Admin Tools

Suggested name: OPSignin

What I want: I want a plugin where I set the below permission on a person, and they are required to setup a password and login everytime they signin. Not that difficult, if possible set thier passwords and usernames to goto a config file so I can reset it manually if needed.

Ideas for commands: /passwordset /login

Ideas for permissions: operator.passset operator.login

When I'd like it by: Whenever is okay for the person filling. I do not want this to be rushed ;).

2. Offline

Epicballzy

3. Offline

DeJay6424

Is that for the whole server or only specific people, and it's only for CB 1.6..........

4. Offline

Epicballzy

The whole server. And just because it's 1.6, doesn't mean it's broken until proven otherwise

5. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

PapiDimmi, glasseater and Jaaakee224 like this.
  6. Offline

Epicballzy

7. Online

That outdated stuff is a regular comment of me.

PapiDimmi and XD 3VIL M0NKEY like this.
  8. Offline

Epicballzy

timtower Oh haha, never seen it before ^.^ I don't really hang out on the requests forum too often

9. Offline

Crud41

I might have some time later today. Unless someone else wants to steal.

10. Offline

DeJay6424

Crud41 Thanks :), like said take your time.

11. Offline

Crud41

Working on it right now.

Update: ran into a bit of a problem. I blame the way java works. If any DEV's are looking to help, feel free.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2016
  12. Offline

TheWolfBadger

Crud41 What's the problem?

13. Offline

Crud41

My initial attempt was unsuccessful. I am redoing it. I haven't made a plugin in 3 mos and forgot you can't put a listener into a method. No worries, I think I've got it. TheWolfBadger

EDIT: Issue now is the command pre processor is being silly and not distinguishing chat from commands. -sigh-

TheWolfBadger

Basically, the idea is that I cancel all commands except for the excluded ones until they enter the password.
    For this, I am using PlayerCommandPreprocessEvent eventhandler to detect commands and set them to null.

Currently trying to find the way to bypass it and have exclusion commands that don't trigger cancelation. Such as the setpassword command and the login command.

Nearly done

14. "A bad workman blames his tools".

timtower likes this.
  15. Offline

Crud41

Not my fault java doesn't like methods inside methods :V

16. Crud41 No, but you don't need to do that. And it's hardly the language's fault now, is it?

17. Offline

Crud41

AdamQpzm It is always the language's fault. :V

Finished. Adding finishing touches.

DeJay6424 It is finished. Took me me a little while to get it working 100%. If you find any bugs, tell me.

Download

Features:
    - Blocks ALL commands except for the commands from the plugin until user has logged in.
    - Will not allow users to change their passwords unless it is deleted by system admin from YML in plugins folder.
    - Disallows users to login multiple times.
    - Easy commands
    - Command node based restrictions.

Commands:
    /opsetpass - Sets the password. Exmaple: /opsetpass potatoes
    /oplogin - Logs in user. Example: /oplogin potatoes

Command Nodes:
    op.setpass - Allows access to /opsetpass
    op.login - Allows access to /opsetpass
    is.op - Adds that group or user to list of people affected by plugin

Instructions:
    1) Extract Jar file into /plugins/ directory
    2) Add the is.op permission node to desired affected groups and or individuals in permissions
    3) Start server
    4) Join
    5) /opsetpass to set your password
    6) /oplogin log in with your password
    7) Have fun.

PS: I am planning to add more to this. Such as in-game password adjustments and time-based purging and SQL support. I'll look into it when bukkit plugins are back up.

18. Offline

DeJay6424

@Crud41 Thanks :)
    Wrong link?

19. Offline

Crud41

DeJay6424
    Bukkit is being stupid.
    I sent you a plugin download link in PM.

DeJay6424 I'll send you link through PM

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

20. Offline

AronTheGamer

Crud41 how are you storing the passwords? I hope not as plain text

timtower likes this.
  21. I think the OP wanted it in plain text to be fair.

22. Offline

EgyptianKing

I can do this for you if Crud41 has not completed it yet.

23. Offline

AronTheGamer

Oh that's cool. I just have to send him a plugin that reads out the config files of this plugin and I get all his staff's passwords!

Saving passwords as plain text is the worst thing you can do. Reason described above.
    This is the best way to check a login:
    On the set of the password, just hash it with either Blowfish or SHA521 and put it in the config/db.
    When soneone tries to log in with a password, just hash the entered password again and see if it matches the password in the configuration file. If you don't, you are just DUMB.

This is Java, not javascript

24. AronTheGamer Quote me where I said it was in any way a good idea.

25. Offline

AronTheGamer

You can still remove the Blowfish/SHA521 hashes

26. Offline

Crud41

AronTheGamer AdamQpzm EgyptianKing
    I have completed the plugin. And yes, it is being stored in "Plain Text" unless the author requested me to Hash it. Either way, I posted a download link but forms keeps turning it into a google search link. Let me try this again, if it doesn't work, then PM me for the plugin.

Download Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50059382/Bukkit Plugins/Forum Requests/OPLogin/OPLogin.zip

Well, first off; he requested plain text. Also, in the case he does get a malicious plugin which reads out the passwords from that file; there would probably be no repercussions. Unless he is running this on a 1.8+ server and or has a cracked server he is running this on, there is no way 2 people can log in as the same username. Therefore, there is no risk in leaving it in plain text.

All cracked servers have a login system. So this is basically another stage in security if that is the case. On top of which, 1.8v of bukkit has not come out (or maybe will never come out). Until that time comes, there are no worries.

These being the reasons why I decided not to take the extra step to hash them. Also, it helps to leave them in plain text in case the owner has someone who forgot their password. Instead of having to delete it, they can just recover it. Which is a plus.

27. Offline

AronTheGamer

Removed offensive message by myself (open)
    You are such an idiot.
    The owners can now invite random people they don't like and explain the security thing.
    After a reload they can just look up their password in the config file and log in to their skype, msn, twitter and whatever and change password or say nasty things.

Remove it from your dropbox immediately and change the way passwords are stored.

@ Everyone
    Reply with: "I agree" if you think like this too.

28. Online

AronTheGamer Report the post, quote from the rules:

29. Offline

ColonelHedgehog

First of all, it's "idiot." If you're going to insult someone, do it right.

Second of all, it IS a silly idea, but what's even sillier is using the same password for everything. Not one of my passwords are the same. I set a different one for each thing I sign up for. Why? Well, if someone finds one of my passwords, at least he doesn't have them all. This is called using something at your own risk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.