Opening JSON URL

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by mcdorli, Mar 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

mcdorli

Hi, I want to find out, if there's a way to check, if a player opened a link in the chat. Is there any packet, wich indicates this?

Thanks in advamce!

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@mcdorli The only packet is the one that sends the link itself.
    You could modify the website and check the ip of the client en browser.

3. Offline

mcdorli

I'm not actually in control of the website

4. Offline

Lolmewn

Ask them something what can only be found on the website after (e.g. what does it say on page x about topic y)

5. Offline

mcdorli

The website is actually configurable, I basically don't know what it's URL is

6. Offline

mine-care

@mcdorli A solution would be to run a simple redirect webserver through your plugin and each time a URL is shown it chat, you will grab it, and put it in a redirect map in your webserver, then you will replace that with the local IP/i_dont_know_what and once they click on it, it will lead them to a page in your webserver that will redirect them to the actual url.

So lets recap it a litle bit,
    When someone chats a URL such as "https://forums.bukkit.org" you will grab it, and put it in a map along with a uniqure key value. Then, you will replace it with the IP of the server / the unique key value so it will look like: http://255.255.255.255/UNIQUE_KEY
    Once they click on this, that leads to your own webserver, you will know who clicked, and then you will redirect them to the actual link.

This will allow you to filter who accesses what but has few major limitations such as,
    Security issues,
    URL's wont be pretty :/
    and a few others, but it is an idea out of the top of my head...

7. Offline

Zombie_Striker

The actual url that gets initially opened may not be pretty, but the person clicking will be almost instantly redirected to the right url and you can use a hyperlink so that can hide the link in the chat. Using that, less people will have to see the strange url (how many people will want to click on a link starting with 255.255....)

mine-care likes this.
  8. Offline

mine-care

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.