op accountability

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by acegiak, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Offline

acegiak

my players are concerned the ops may used their op powers in ways that are unbalances and would wreck the economy. Anyone got any plugin ideas for making admins accountable? I'm happy to help code it if we come up with a good idea

2. Offline

darknesschaos

they are admins, meaning they are trusted. If you find them abusing their power, degrade them.

3. Offline

acegiak

I guess the question, how do my players know I'm to be trusted?

4. Offline

rideLlamas

If your running the console from your computer or can access the console just look for them giving themselves things. If they do de-op them or use a inventory clearer on them to make them learn not to cheat the game or just dont have ops.

5. Offline

acegiak

no, it's not "can I trust my ops?"
    it's "can my players trust me?"

6. Offline

Raphfrk

An admin has 100% power over the server. This is fundamental.

It is like on a forum, an admin can read all the PMs if they want.

The only way around it would be for someone else to admin the server for you.

7. Offline

rideLlamas

Why are you asking us if your players can trust you! For goodness sakes! ASK YOURSELF!

8. Offline

Amagineer

The easiest way to do this would be to make your server logs public to the members of your server. Otherwise, there isn't a whole lot you can do, unless you announce to everyone in the server when an op uses their powers (which is what releasing the logs would do anyhow)