Online users db

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Strahan, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Offline

Strahan

I would like to be able to do a nice, quick and easy SQL query to find out who is all online. A plugin that would insert a record into a table when user signs on, then delete record when they sign out would be awesome. It should have username & time logged in. It would be really cool too if it were possible to have the current X/Y/Z/world in there too.

Failing that, does anyone know a way to get the users online? Externally that is, not from within the game. I wanna be able to put it on my website. Thanks.

2. Offline

Jonathan Hay

A good way to do this could be with the columns as, "name, online, last join, last leave, position". A sequel query could easily be executed to find which users are online (those marked as online :p ) and you'd have a database which you could query for things like 'last online', and the positions of offline players. Deleting the records when users logoff wouldn't allow you to do this.

Anyway, I might give it a go, depending on how much time I have and how lazy I am feeling. I'm trying to learn more complex SQL and Java, but so far my efforts have been messy, although functional.

3. Offline

Strahan

Yea, that works too. Offline position could be handy. It'd be real nice if there was a way, ingame, to teleport to a player's last position. But primarily, I just need a list of who is online.

I really ought to learn Java too. I do a lot of C# coding, but since I never touched Java I have no clue how to make plugins.