Online Players GUI

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by BappleCraftColt, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Offline

BappleCraftColt

What I want: I want a plugin to when a command is executed it opens a GUI with all online players heads
    When somebody clicks a players head it will do a command which will be set in the config
    It will only be one command
    So the one command set will be the command set for all player heads
    The GUI Should be the max slots which is I think 54

Ideas for commands: /Online

Ideas for permissions: Default to ALL

MrEditor97 likes this.
  2. Offline

DairyKing__

I am going to look into this, seems simple enough. I am not a very experienced Developer, but I am capable.

3. Offline

Konkz

Just to make sure, to make DairyKing__ 's life easier. When the head is clicked, do you want the command to be sent from:
    a) The player who clicked the head
    b) The player who's head was clicked
    c) The console

DairyKing__ likes this.
  4. Offline

DairyKing__

I have the plugin almost finished, I just need to add the command when you click on a Players Head :)

5. Offline

Garris0n

What if 55 players join?

DarkSteve25 likes this.
  6. BappleCraftColt You can use my plugin.

Its an admin panel, where you can choose tons of different to do with the player, here are some of them - kick, ban, mute, freeze, player info (health, xp, etc.) and even the custom commands you have asked for. and you can create your own, up to 54 custom commands, they will be listed in a GUI, too. After you have selected an option, you can select a player in a GUI and then it will be performed.

7. Offline

DairyKing__

UPDATE: Plugin is finished. I have it setup to where it kicks the Player you click on by default.

I have coded it so that if the max slots are reached it adds more slots to the GUI

8. DarkSteve25 and Garris0n like this.
  9. Offline

daytonpoop

10. Offline

BappleCraftColt

Lionhard DairyKing__
    I'm going to be using this plugin to set bountys on players
    I'm personally making the bounty plugin so I have no ideas for commands yet thats why I said set command in config :p
    But yes it will be something as
    If I clicked "steves" head
    Then I would do the command

11. BappleCraftColt You can use the one I made. You can do almost everything with it.

12. Offline

DairyKing__

It is your choice, you can use Lionhard plugin or you can use mine. :p

Right, I have the default size as 36 :p

I will be uploading this plugin for the public either way. My first plugin on Bukkit. If it gets approved. :p

13. DairyKing__ But, you still dont understand it...? If the server has 100 players, you cant make 100 heads and put them inside 36 free boxes

timtower likes this.
  14. Offline

DairyKing__

No I got it, I know that, but it doesn't sound to me that BappleCraftColt needs to have that big of a GUI. Well to me. He even states it should be the max slots which is 54.

15. Offline

BappleCraftColt

DairyKing__
    Yea, My server barley gets a single chest full xD

16. Lionhard I think you should lay off of DairyKing__ since he is a "new" developer. He offered to make this custom plugin, so stop trying to get them to use your plugin instead. DairyKing__ Already made the plugin and you keep telling them to still use yours.

DairyKing__ likes this.
  17. Offline

DairyKing__

tylerthecreeper1 likes this.
  18. DairyKing__ In the config, use # for your text to not be used, // is for code.

19. tylerthecreeper1 You should learn the difference between "laying off of someone" and trying to help. Yes, I did offer the requester to use my plugin instead, because I already made it, my plugin has all the features he has and I worked hard on it. Why should someone else do the plugin, if there is already a plugin which does what he wants?

Also, There were plenty of people telling him that there will occur a problem with over 54 online players, and I just tried to tell him that it won't work. No, I won't tell him exactly how get around it, as he won't learn something. And before I tell him the solution or a trick, he should understand WHERE the bug actually is, as he did not really understand what is wrong with the GUI.

So please stop telling lies.

DairyKing__
    And yes, maybe he doesn't need it, but you told you want to publish it, so you still need a solution for it.

timtower likes this.
  20. Offline

BappleCraftColt

DairyKing__
    Could you possible send me the plugin thru here real quick?
    I havn't sleep in 24 hours and i'm slowly falling asleep :p

21. Lionhard I'm telling "lies" now. Okay buddy.
    He doesn't need to fix a "bug", the requester just said 54 slots. A server with well over 54 slots will not be using this, obviously. It would probably exclude any players registered after the 54.

22. tylerthecreeper1 You can't just reckon that a server with over 54 slots WON'T use this plugin ... If you want to create a plugin, you have to take care that everyone can use it, not just reckon that a server with over 54 slots won't use it anyways......

And it could also end up in a completely empty chest, because it tries to add something to slot 55, which doesn't exist.

23. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Lionhard tylerthecreeper1 Shall we keep it nice to each other?
    DairyKing__ Current version is nice, but you probably want to look at ways to expand the number of players that you can put into this, I suggest 2 empty slots that works as "next page" and "previous page" buttons but it is up to you how you do it in the end

megasaad44 and tylerthecreeper1 like this.
  24. DairyKing__ And because of the bug you have posted on your DBO page, the "You are able to put Player Heads into your own inventory", you can solve that too quite easily, just cancel the event when clicked on the right item in the right inventory.

in the InventoryClickEvent do
    Code:
    event.setCancelled(true);
    at the right place, I do not know how your code looks.

tylerthecreeper1 likes this.
  25. Lionhard I just meant that the players' heads won't be in more than 54 slots if larger servers use this. I figured they may just not fill anymore, because there is no more slots :p

Also, I have a suggestion, DairyKing__ add /staff, showing online staff in a separate inventory, and players can just see the staff online, and it doesn't run a command when you click them. Maybe you can define those groups in the config.yml?

Or, since he will be using this for bounties, maybe you can whip up one of those plugins with the staff feature instead for me? ;)

timtower is right, lets be nice :D
    Also, a page button would be a good idea, I didn't even think of this.

Lionhard and timtower like this.
  26. tylerthecreeper1 Yeah maybe, But I think I had an 18 slots GUI in my plugin, and tried to set an item into slot 19 and then the whole GUI was empty. So that's why I called it a "bug".

tylerthecreeper1 Yes, but in that case it might be a bit difficult. Atleast I think. :D

27. Offline

Konkz

DairyKing__

It will take a long time for your project to be approved, so you may want to provide dropbox link for now; it took 2.5 days for my Project to be approved.

tylerthecreeper1 and Lionhard like this.
  28. Offline

DairyKing__

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jed4yn4svr8k49w/OnlinePlayers.jar

I will most likely do something like this in a later update. :)

Good Idea, I will look into that :D

timtower likes this.
  29. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

That is the spirit!
    Feel free to PM me if you need any help ;)

Konkz likes this.
  30. Offline

DairyKing__

I have done so, maybe i messed up I will look at it.

I will :) Thanks

timtower likes this.