Online player signs

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by TheSilverSpade, Jun 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TheSilverSpade

I want to be able to type on a sign [Online] and on the next line [Name] and it will say online or offline and maybe display a nickname if they have one on, I would like this as soon as it can be made

Version:1.8.9
    Name:IsPlayerOnline?
    Conifg: change sign color, change message of online(default is just "Online")
    permission: - Ipo.sign.create
    - Ipo.sign.create.others

Thank you

2. Offline

OrlandoLaCrue

3. Offline

TheSilverSpade

4. Offline

OrlandoLaCrue

5. Offline

TheSilverSpade

ok, i have a 1.9 server tho and i need it for 1.8.9, for a buddy

none worked, and yes i clicked for the updated plugin based on ams, i really need one made for 1.8.9

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2016
  6. Offline

I Al Istannen

@TheSilverSpade
    What didn't work? Were there any errors in the log? Could you post the log with the errors, if any?

7. Offline

TheSilverSpade

It says it made the sign was made but doesnt do anything, it doesnt display anything, no errors in log, the other one flat out didnt work non able to make sign, no errors

bump

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2016
  8. Offline

TheSilverSpade

9. Offline

TheSilverSpade

10. Offline

TheSilverSpade

11. Offline

tkuiyeager1

@TheSilverSpade Do you want the sign to be updated if the player logs in or logs out?

12. Offline

TheSilverSpade

yes, so that players could see if there online or off

13. Offline

TheSilverSpade

14. Offline

TheSilverSpade

15. Offline

TheSilverSpade

16. Offline

TheSilverSpade

17. Offline

TheSilverSpade

18. Contact the developer of the plugins to update them to work with 1.8.9.

19. Offline

CeramicTitan

Why won't anyone do this? It will take 20 minutes.

20. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Nobody is stopping you :p

21. Offline

CeramicTitan

Way ahead of you mate ;)

So I went ahead and made this...Turns out it was more intricate than I thought :p @TheSilverSpade
    Download is here: https://github.com/CeramicTitan/IsPlayerOnline/releases/tag/v0.1
    So there are no commands and works as follows:
    • The first line needs to be [online] - case doesn't matter here, the plugin is smart enough to understand what's going on :)
    • The second line can be blank, or you can use another person's name - if blank it will use you by default. The permissions are ipo.sign.create to create the sign for yourself and ipo.sign.others to create a sign for another person.
    • I also added a feature where it can see the last seen instance of the player - To activate this, just right click on the sign **The player has to be offline for this function to work**
    • Finally, The signs update in real time, so if the player logs out or in the signs will update.

One last thing: It is really important that you don't touch the 'Plugin Data' folder, it could stop the plugin from working.

Any issues, questions or enhancements, dont hesitate to shoot me a message :)

Source for other developers, if you are interested to see how I did this: https://github.com/CeramicTitan/IsPlayerOnline

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
    TheSilverSpade and timtower like this.
  22. Offline

TheSilverSpade

You helped alot, is it 1.8?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2016
  23. Offline

CeramicTitan

It's built against 1.10

24. Offline

TheSilverSpade

@CeramicTitan Laggy as shit and doesnt update, doesnt use my name it uses the server owners name by default, also asked for 1.8, thats the server version, thank yo for taking the time, but it lags to much, any ideas of why?

25. Offline

CeramicTitan

Can you paste the contents of both files in the PLuginData folder

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.