Oh noes! A Minecraft update and no new Bukkit!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by _infina_, Apr 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

_infina_

First thing, stop and think. Next, do not post a new thread about Minecraft updating and you are unable to connect to your server because Bukkit hasn't updated yet. You will be told that there are two options, downgrade(or just don't upgrade yet) to the previous client or run vanilla Minecraft. Since the latter should be simple enough, let me help you with the former.

For those who haven't upgraded yet: (open)

Step 1. Make sure you have the latest Minecraft launcher. it looks like this:
    Launcher.PNG
    If you don't have it, you can get it here for windows, here for Mac, and here for all of the other OSes
    (note: Those links can be found here.)

Step 2. If you haven't updated already, click no when it asks you to update.

Step 3. In your Minecraft folder/directory, create a new folder/subdirectory named Backupjars.

Step 4. Each time you update Minecraft, copy the minecraft.jar from .minecraft/bin to Backupjars and rename it to minecraft[version].jar. This will allow you to return to an earlier version of Minecraft should you accidently click yes when asked to update.

Step 5. Play some Minecraft!

For those who upgraded: (open)

Step 1. Find a copy of the last version's minecraft.jar.

Step 2. Replace your current minecraft.jar with the older copy.

Step 3. Follow guide for those who didn't upgrade.

This comes as a result of seeing 5+ threads created each time Minecraft updates, most of them complaints. We don't need them. We already know. I am placing this here in between Minecraft updates so that some precautions can be implemented by you.

From those who wish to provide other instructions, let me know, and I will try to edit them into this post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.