Offline Mode Player Login Protector

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by JTR1988, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Offline

JTR1988

I run a small server just for my friends. Since it is just them, I usually just keep it in offline mode just in case the website is ever down. I have a password login system. The only problem though, is that anyone may log in on someone else's name. If the player the name is registered to is offline then no problem, the trespasser doesn't know the original owner's password. If the original owner is online though, any time another person logs in on the owner's name, the owner gets kicked off. True they can't do anything still because they haven't got the password, but it is still very annoying when someone keeps logging in on your name and kicking you off. I know this sounds strange, seeing as it's a server for friends who should respect each other. Believe it or not though, two of them have got into a fight recently over some missing items, one accusing the other of stealing them. And, of course, one of them did the exact thing mentioned above to the other one. I don't really want to have to ban either one of them, but just try and figure out ways around this. If anyone has the ability to make a plugin that denies another player the ability to login on someone else's name when the original owner is online, that would be excellent. Sorry for the long post, just felt it necessary to explain such a request.

Nvm, I found a solution, thanks anyways though.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016