offline mode for testing plugin compatibility on a closed network.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by chad53105, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

chad53105

This is why I suggested a separate board for modified servers.

mboy289 likes this.
  2. Offline

TnT

Go to the forum for those modified servers. They are not CraftBukkit/Bukkit, so I see no reason to support them on these forums.

Double0negative likes this.
  3. Offline

chad53105

I also suggested a sticky to point to the related mod. This might help with some of the unnecessary traffic.

4. Offline

TnT

Why would we advertise those mods on our forums? Frankly, if people have heard about those mods, they can google them and get aid far better than we can provide.

5. Offline

chad53105

TnT
    What would a one post sticky hurt if it had a pointer to the respected page for help.

We are sorry, but we do not support mods to bukkit. If you have one of the below mods, please see their page or message boards for assistance.
    MOD X:
    HTTP://WWW.ExamplePage.COM
    MOD Y:
    HTTP://WWW.forums.EXAMPLEpage.COM

6. Well, if people dont read the stickies that already exist, they wont read any new ones ;)
    Besides, the ones who do know about Bungee etc, probably also already know where to get help with it.

I like Bukkits policy, we dont support Offline Mode servers, as they in most cases are due to piracy, period. Clean, simple and no gray areas.

Besides, why cant a Dev just run his server in online mode for testing? Isnt it better to simulate 'real life' as much as possible?

7. Offline

chad53105

Spawnstah
    I agree with your point on stickies. Point taken.
    About offline mode for devs. If they want to simulate a real world experience, one could use a hacked offline client to simulate a bunch of users on a LAN. Key word is to simulate. Now, the only difference with online and offline is the auth check for minecraft.net. that is it. Nothing else is exchanged when it is online. Server security isn't a problem on a closed network for testing. That is my only disagreement. You can't advertise a test server to tweak a plugin.

mboy289 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.