Offline claim

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Wesley R Tech, Jun 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Wesley R Tech

Hi!

I had an idea for a simple offline claiming plugin. What do I mean by offline claiming?

A player can claim land. When the owner of the land goes offline, the land is locked (cannot place or break blocks) when the owner is online, the land is free!

This would be really cool, because it still allows for warfare and conflict - but eliminates the unfairness of logging on and wrecking things when an enemy is offline.

The annoying this is that when someone trashes someone else's base while they're offline, the victim is helpless to stop it. Now, if someone wants to mess with someone, they have to do it in a reasonably fair way.

Just a cool idea, that I REALLY NEED for my server!

2. Offline

TheEctoplasm

On the other hand, if owner sees he's getting raided he can purposefully go offline to protect own land with no effort.
    Are you sure that's what you want?

3. You could add like a timer of a configurable amount of seconds, before the land will be locked. And this timer should reset each time a player inside that land moves or interacts.

4. Offline

TheEctoplasm

You didn't describe the "land claiming". How does one claim a land?

5. Offline

Wesley R Tech

Probably just with a simple command. Like /claim

Good point, though if a player is in some kind of clan/faction then everyone in the clan would need to log off. And yeah, I think a timer might be a great idea!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2019
  6. Offline

Y1ght

Sorry I saw him saying he'll want to use /claim to claim land, but be more specific /claim will claim like 5x5 or a claim wand that highlights the area with glowstone? I see a lot of these other ideas from other plugins, ONLY suggesting not planning on doing this, I'm too new to learning java.

TheEctoplasm likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.