Offering to Host For Free

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by AddictGamez, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

AddictGamez

Hey,
    I've got a dedicated server and have a lot of resources left on it that isn't used. I've been thinking that there should be at least some use for the dedicated server. Your server will be hosted in a virtual machine (esxi) and you will have FTP access to it [SSH By Request] BTW: my skype is judgemadan

You will get:
    1. Roughly at least 7GB of RAM
    2. CentOS operating system
    3. 24/7 uptime
    4. 100MBit dl/upload
    5. 2x CPU (assigned to the virtual machine) (Xeon)
    6. Roughly 100GB of space
    Prerequisites:
    1. Population on your server (about 30+ almost on all the time)
    2. Skype
    Information I need:
    1. Why you want this dedicated server/vps
    2. Your server idea
    If I posted on the wrong section, I'm sorry :p

2. I want this because paying is very expensive and i've always wanted to run a server. I would like to make a survivor server with a few plugins such as worldguard groupmanager iconomy vault and wiipay.

3. Offline

joaogl

I have a computer with CentOS 6 there so i now how to work with it....
    I want this becouse i really want to have a server but they are too expensive.....

I know how to configure COMPLETLY a server and im a Plugin Developer too....

My intentions are create a server like a Survival server.

The people should change itens betwen them etc...
    oh... i almost forget im realllllllyyyyy active in minecraft more than 5 h per da here

Just a question are you sure is 7GB of RAM? becouse 7gb of ram is realy too much i mean it can support more than 100 players and and a lot of worlds and a lot of plugins... and lag ZERO that is amazing OMG 7GB OF RAM??!!!! holy crap .... thats really toooooo mucchhh

4. Offline

BMX_ATVMAN14

5. Offline

mythcaptor

If you're interested in donating server space to this project, let me know. :)

6. Offline

BMX_ATVMAN14

While this would be cool for me i think codename_B needs it more for his paintball server

7. Offline

joaogl

a VPS like this one with 7GBI RAM you can put there both servers minecraft and paintball better a VPS like thiS one you can create a community game with a website minecraft Server TeamSpeak Server and more things this VPS is really good. . . .
    when I say paintball Server I'm thinking in digital paintball 2 I'm not sure if you're thinking in the same game as me but this one is very good too.

8. Offline

codename_B

Problem with "free" hosters is they tend to disappear after about 2-3 weeks.

9. Offline

AddictGamez

I won't disappear after 2-3 weeks for sure, I'm running my own server, too.
    Probably the last time you'll see me on this thread.

10. Offline

codename_B

Alright - well that makes you the awesome exception :)

11. Offline

joaogl

when I will choose which one will stay with you on the VPVPS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.