Obfuscated source code in needed classes

Discussion in 'Resources' started by Olivier Thévenoz, Feb 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. First of all, Hello everybody,

I am quite new to minecraft, having started last week. I found the animal behavior quite strange, the fact that they are popping and unpopping as time goes by.

I have in mind to start a mod/plug-in that changes that behavior to a more suitable popping of animals a death of animals if they are alive too long. Reproduction by proximity, and herding a cow cattle in a closed field or hen-housing or building a pigsty that will stay are some features that I would find great adding. I have downloaded the server source code and looked a bit at the classes I would need to use or in which I would have to add features. However, I found out that a few classes that seem pretty essential to my mod were obfuscated, meaning that I would have to screw my eyes out before understanding the code. I am asking if someone has a idea on how to bypass those obfuscated classes or how to get a readable version of them.

Hoping to get an encouraging answer, Olivier
    --- merged: Feb 3, 2011 3:14 PM ---
    Sorry for the disturbance, I just found out about MCP, I will see if it works well

2. Offline

Alex Nolan

I too am interested in this type of thing, but I don't recognize the abbreviation MCP [​IMG]

3. Offline

Joshua Neicho

MCP = Minecraft Coder Pack

4. Offline

Gandalf

Use JAD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.