NPC Manipulations

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by girardcome, Jun 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

girardcome

Hello I hope you are well, me not really, I have a problem with NPC.

I can not make them move, I have the impression that when the NPC spawned, it is not realistic, it does not move, it is untouchable.

I would like with my code that I just made, allow them to move themselves from one location to another.

/! \ I do not want to use an API. I use only NMS. (i don't wan't citizens or any other APIs like that thanks)

Here is my code:
    PHP:
        public void summonNPC(Player p) {

Location loc p.getLocation();

MinecraftServer nmsServer = ((CraftServerBukkit.getServer()).getServer();

WorldServer nmsWorld = ((CraftWorldp.getWorld()).getHandle();

GameProfile gp = new GameProfile(p.getUniqueId(), "NPC Tests");

EntityPlayer npc = new EntityPlayer(nmsServernmsWorldgp, new PlayerInteractManager(nmsWorld));

npc.setLocation(loc.getX(), loc.getY(), loc.getZ(), loc.getPitch(), loc.getYaw());

PlayerConnection connection = ((CraftPlayerp).getHandle().playerConnection;

connection.sendPacket(new PacketPlayOutNamedEntitySpawn(npc));

npc.getBukkitEntity().getInventory().setItemInHand(new ItemStack(Material.DIAMOND_SWORD));
        }

2. Offline

Visualizeding

One solution I had for this was creating a custom entity using NMS and spawning it at the exact location of the npc, and using the entities pathfinders to move it to locations using either PacketPlayOutEntityTeleport or PacketPlayOutRelEntityMove, I forget which one, but one shows real player movement. The alternative is creating your own pathfinder.

3. Offline

KarimAKL

@Visualizeding I don't think the EntityPlayer class have a Pathfinder.

4. Offline

Visualizeding

It doesn't need to be an EntityPlayer, you can use any entity like a zombie, and just set it invisible.

5. Offline

KarimAKL

@Visualizeding That's not what i mean. How would you get the player NPC to walk, if it doesn't have a pathfinder?

6. Offline

Visualizeding

@KarimAKL You use another entity to get the pathfinder, and have the npc move to the entities location.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.