Not registering sign right click: Help:

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Monkeyboystein, Jun 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Monkeyboystein

Nevermind. People arent helpful

2. Offline

caseif

But to answer your question, debug. Check if the event is firing, and how many of the conditionals return true.

3. Offline

Monkeyboystein

4. Offline

Rprrr

Monkeyboystein
    Please, read the answers someone's posting.
    If you're going to be that ignorant, nobody's gonna help you. If you don't have to say something to a proper answer but 'bump', you shouldn't really be on any forum if you're asking me.

5. Offline

Monkeyboystein

Hey listen, I did debug like he/she told me to do and i edited the post, but his/her answer did not help me because IT DIDNT WORK. no need to be a prick.

6. Offline

Rprrr

Monkeyboystein
    Right. So where's just the necesarry code & where are just the relevant stacktrace lines? Also, what were the results of debugging your code? Where did it not function anymore? You should tell. What does 'it is not working' mean?

7. Offline

Monkeyboystein

Rprrr hmm lets look:

Hey All, ive been working on this plugin for a little bit now and i cant get it to register i right clicked a sign with x text on it, am i doing something wrong? The interact event is triggering, i checked it, and it is just not working am i supposed to be doing something else before reading the signs text?
    Errors: Stacktrace? i gave you my errors

code: I gave u my code too

Also what if i dont want to listen to that person i already had a a java expert look at it and he couldnt figure it out... Ive tried everything

8. Offline

MCForger

Monkeyboystein
    May you post the code for only the PlayerInteractEvent please? A little hard to read for me.

9. Offline

Monkeyboystein

10. Offline

MCForger

Monkeyboystein
    May you post debug messages before and after each if statement and tell which ones are fired?

11. Offline

Rprrr

12. Offline

Monkeyboystein

Rprrr
    You know what I dont want help anymore, Fk this

13. Offline

the_merciless

You asked for help, many people came and offered it, but they needed more information. If you didn't understand what they wanted, u just had to say that. That attitude will get you no where in life, winners never quit, quitters never win. If you still require help, please post as much info as you can. (Show us your code / as much details that you can tell us about the error / and show us any stacktraces, they are the long errors that show up in your console when something goes wrong).

Here is how i check interact events with signs, maybe it will help you:

Code:
    if (event.getAction() == Action.RIGHT_CLICK_BLOCK || event.getAction() == Action.LEFT_CLICK_BLOCK){
        if (event.getClickedBlock().getState() instanceof Sign){
        Sign s = (Sign) event.getClickedBlock().getState();
        }
    }

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.