NoSuchMethod Error when the Method DOES Exist

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by exload, Oct 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

exload

This error is driving me insane. It seemed to have popped out of nowhere. This is the error I am getting:
    Code:
    13:46:38 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling Vertex v0.6B-R3.0 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.mcacraft.commands.Help.<init>(Lcom/mcacraft/vertex/Vertex;)V
        at com.mcacraft.vertex.Vertex.onEnable(Vertex.java:55)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:217)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:374)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:381)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:266)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:248)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.i(MinecraftServer.java:297)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:276)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:140)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:377)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:539)

All of the code for this plugin is located on GitHub, https://github.com/exload/Vertex. If anyone could figure out why in the world this is happening, I would be forever thankful!

Also, a lot of this code is old and has several incomplete functions so simply ignore those. It may be time for a re-write of this plugin.. :p

2. mayby another plugin is running whit the exact same class, but that class dont have the function

3. Offline

exload

Actually, I just did make another plugin with a class named Help, but I dont think it should matter..

4. try it on an server whitout plugins

5. Offline

exload

You are right. I deleted my other plugin with the Help class and no more error. Is there a way to get around this because I would like to have the class in my other plugin named Help.

6. Offline

andf54

If the package name is the same, then it matters. That is why you need to use unique package names.

Maybe you forgot to add Help in the .jar file.

7. Offline

exload

The package name is not the same. Every one of my plugins uses a unique package. Help is definitely in the jar file, I have checked many times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.