NoCheatPlus or AntiCheat

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Ivan, Apr 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Ivan

Which do you think is better? NoCheatPlus or AntiCheat? I'm looking for:
    • Dependability on 50+ player-servers
    • Amount of blocked hacks
    • User friendly
    Everyone is welcome to reply with their experiences, especially the dev's themselves.

2. Offline

MysteryManX

I personally prefer NCP. When I used AntiCheat, it decided it'll be funny to kick players with a bad connection & ping. NCP never did that, so I just stuck with that.

3. Offline

chad53105

I have used both, and i feel AntiCheat works better for me. However, if I am not mistaken, NCP values can be edited to allow for more "user error" with cheating. Meaning, fastblock placement to movement can be adjusted to allow for bad connections. I would say, run one plugin for a few weeks, try the other, and then make your choice based on how you feel each one works. I have switched to AntiCheat from NCP due to some errors in my console when I updated. I havn't tried the latest version yet. The only complaint I have with AntiCheat is that some users report false positives.

4. Offline

Lolmewn

Or both :O

5. Offline

mrme123

NoCheatPlus is alot better. Anticheat kicks players that dont even hack sometimes :/ no cheat plus does blcok all features of nodus.

6. Offline

xize

I prefer NoCheatPlus however with anticheat I had a bad experience because it kicks randomly people without giving a good result what kind of hacks the player whas using at that time maybe anticheat is changed because I used it along time ago though.

but still I like the old NoCheat because its really stable though I tested a compiled version of a github fork and it worked great:).

7. Offline

nhadobas

Anticheat = Little configuration and less customizability.
    NoCheatPlus = Large configuration and more customizability.

NoCheatPlus let's you make things exactly how you want it. Stricter or looser checks. Do you want a "mostly out of the box" plugin or do you want a "work a bit" plugin? All up to you.

8. Offline

tanveergt5

AntiCheat has so many false positives

9. Offline

TnT

Anticheat has that with its magic.yml.

Use /anticheat debug to see what is being set off and at what level, then modify it in the magic.yml.

10. Offline

Ronewird

anticheat is really hard to configure, but a server in good condition and without so much lag don`t give false positive.

I don`t like NCP becouse i give False Positive too and spam to much on the chat XD

11. Offline

Stevensaurus

NCP. AntiCheat has too many false positives for my liking.

12. Offline

nhadobas

It does, but its nothing close to the options NC+ has.

13. Offline

number1_Master

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.