No one can join my server?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by slomoeshon, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

slomoeshon

No one is able to join my server when I host it from my laptop. I've hosted server's before, on my desktop. I brought this one server onto my desktop, turned it on and had some people join. I then transferred over the files to my laptop, and adjusted the settings. Used a forwarded a different port put the laptop's internal IP being In this port forward. Then I changed the server properties, and put the port to 25566 (The one I just forwarded) and made a new Start.command to start the server. I start the server, and my terminal window looks fine. It doesn't show any errors. Although, no one can join it. It even won't let me join unless I type in local host! Whenever anyone tried to join, it just says Failed to connect to server, unknown host. Help?

2. Offline

Machete.Panda

Set your laptops internal IP static and be sure your forwarding the right port from your router and turn off your firewalls.

If you dont know how to do any of this please google.

3. Offline

redcore007

i have the same issue but i can join, but others can't.
    still im trying to find out how i can fix it and hoping to find someone that had this problem

4. Offline

c0mp

Machete.Panda's suggestion applies to your situation as well, sounds like a port forwarding issue, or you're giving them your internal IP address, rather than your external IP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.