No Lag Server Hosts?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Sinjin T, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Sinjin T

Hi, I'm currently using redstonehost.com for my minecraft server and I was looking for a different host. I am running quite a few plugins (40) and I'm not interested in getting rid of any of them. I would like my server the be able to hold approximately 12-16 players. Thanks for your answer!

2. Offline

greatman

What's the Tier your using on Redstonehost? I may have something for you.

3. Offline

Sinjin T

I'm on the redstone tier.

4. Offline

greatman

Running 40+ plugins with ~ 20 players with only 840MB RAM is very low. It is recommended to have at least 1go on Minecraft. Might want to upgrade to the other tier.

M1sT3rM4n likes this.
  5. Offline

mindless728

i run a dedicated server that i own, works for me

6. Offline

Orcem12

@Sinjin T

MossyCobble or Ocius Host.

mossycobble is expensive but my server has 8gb ded. with 24gb Burst RAM I only run 11 plugins 4 custom using MySQL databases and Never lags. With our average 230 players online per day.

Ocius Host is, okay, but cheap.

7. Offline

Vhab

For counter balance, Orcem12 has an affiliate link to MossyCobble in his signature.
    His statements might be financially biased.
    As might any other claim by anyone else on this forum regarding MC hosts.

Just so you know..

8. Offline

saul100

9. Offline

erdrickk

That seems like over kill for only 230 users per day (24gb Ram LOL).... I don't like all these small time hosters popping up with cheap looking websites and shotty web interfaces. The web interface for MossyCobble looks aweful.

If you want a real host go with a host that has been around for 10+ years. NFO aka Nuclear Fallout is one of the best hosts out there. They are $$ but worth it. https://www.nfoservers.com/

I have a Ventrillo Server, WebServer and Minecraft server from them all in one for $169.00 per month. The Minecraft Server comes with 8 Gigs of Memory + SSD + Unlimited everything.

I have 50 + Plugins and I get almost 1700 connections per 24 hours and except for the crappy coding of some plugins I get no issues or lag.

10. Offline

dxwarlock

what kind of front end do they offer? cant seem to find any info on the site if they do mcmyadmin, or any type of cpu/mem/chat or console view from a webUI. been poking around a few host looking for a new one.

11. Offline

erdrickk

They have their own custom interface that allows you to control Web, Vent and Minecraft Hosting from one place. You get full console access - they don't use anything like mcmyadmin - as I said it is their own custom interface.

File access to the web and minecraft servers are accessed via FTP or SFTP

by the way - the best part of this host is their response time with customer support. in 6 months of being with them I have never had to wait longer than 5 min for help, ever. I had Map issues and with in 2 min of reporting it they were already running Chunkster for me and everything was fixed only mins. after. Amazing Service, hands down.

They also do Dedicated boxes as well if you want for $220 a month and you get a server to yourself and you can choose the OS and choose if you want it managed or not etc....

basically whatever you want they can do. The only limit is 8 gigs of memory is the max they offer with their VPS servers.

Also the little things count. They have their own built in donation system with a link they provide you that you put on your website so when people donate to you using that link it goes directly to your account. When the monthly bill is due it will subtract money out of that account first before your Credit Card.

They offer different scripts for your website to link your Minecraft server stats to your website like user lists, vent lists etc...

They also offer unlimited MySQL databases and you can create them yourself in 3 seconds flat. Other hosts i've gone with they usually only offer one database and you have to wait 24 hours for them to set it up....Lame

Torrent likes this.
  12. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

I am currently looking @ the flamewar on the official MC forum in the RH thread, and most of the posts are just....

I don't even.

13. Offline

dxwarlock

Actually saw they had a 2 day trail (well 2 day delayed payment) and went ahead and signed up :)
    very nice host, uploaded my MC and maps, setup the SQL on the webserver, pointed to it and was all done. it seems MUCH faster than my current host, for the same price. plus the FTP is lightning fast, as comapred to my other host, that throughput was good, but the 'connecting' for 6-7 seconds each time I did a file bugged me.
    (not that big a deal, until your tweaking a yml file..and uploading it every 10 seconds..to wait 7 to have it start sending)

but so far it looks very promsing...had to do some thinking to get mcstatsplus working, because I cant post files from gameserver to the webserver they give you. the support was amazing, made aticket and in like 5-10 minutes had a response. they dont support game to webserver connections for posting HTML. but at least the response was very quick! figured out "wait dynmap is running a webserver, ill just make mcstatsplus drop in there and use its webserver" and that worked.

not to keen on the weird gui, and lack of being able to see CPU/ram usage unless im missing that option. I can see one for the 'whole server' Im on, but not for my specific VPS.

but other than the lack of the personal CPU/ram chart, I think I found a great new home!

They was my first host after I decided to get out of personal hosting on my rack here at home...they lasted about 2 weeks with me, and gave up on them.

My current host fragnet is great, but seems nfoservers for the same price offers 2x the ram..so testing them out.

14. Offline

erdrickk

What package did you go with? you are going to love them. I realize they don't have personal CPU Monitor but stuff like that running all the time would eat up a small amount of resource I would think. You can use a plugin to track the memory useage I would think if you really wanted to.

15. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

I have 6 servers with RedstoneHost and none of them have had any performance issues. Really odd, since I am running a variety of servers including web servers, data hosting servers, a TS3, MC servers, among other things.

16. Offline

dxwarlock

went with the 3gig 75 player one (only need 40 slots but accounting for towny/dynmap load too)
    and just use to MCmyadmin the easy chat panel and realtime cpu/ram usage window. but console view is good enough if it comes down to it :)

Maybe I just had bad luck, I was getting the same "runs fine until I get 4-5 people then horrible lag" issue. got the "its your map/plugins" answer, which it couldn't have been as I decided to try a new host , and on fragnet and my old server box it ran great no lag, no dropped pings. I was getting huge drops of pings to the box about ever 20 minutes for 10-15 seconds.

over the course of an hour, my ping tracker lost 120+ pings at 2second spacing to my game IP. and it lined up prefect with when my players was saying they got lag.

17. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

It's relative to your location in the world. All of their nodes are in Europe for now. I am a US play and can barely notice the latency issues.

18. Offline

dxwarlock

I realize ping time is relative, but to have 4 players testing with me, me in US, one in sweden, one in UK and one in new zealand, all getting "ping error" on a trace at the same time, isnt location issues :)

after making 3 tickets and getting "your map is causing the drops" as an excuse, I just moved on. causing lag ingame and horrble TPS, I can see a map doing that, causing the physical box not to respond to a ping request I cant see. :D

19. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

I noticed that about 90% of the time where users complain about lag on the server it's due to them having crappy computers that they try to run full screen with the graphics all maxed out.

20. Offline

erdrickk

I get
    I get 18 - 20 TPS with a fully loaded night (50 - 60+) people on. Sometimes when its quiet I even get up to 27 TPS but I am not sure if that is the plugin being retarded.

21. Offline

dxwarlock

it wasnt that. it was every user getting that "nothing reacts ingame for 8 seconds" then the world going hyper speed to catch up all at the same time.
    this lined up perfect with the ping time outs while me and the others was doing a ping (ip) -t to the box.
    and since moving to new host, with an exact copy of the MC and plugins folder, haven't had a complaint about 'world freeze lag' yet.

Like I said, maybe I just got a bad node, or a flaky vps..who knows.

22. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

That can also be a cause. Too bad it didn't work out for you though :\

23. Offline

dxwarlock

yea, no hard feelings towards them. this was before the new OS tweaks, and such.
    perhaps it would be good to go now, but I know if I even mentioned going to RH again, most my users would have my nuts on a stake..lol

24. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

The new OS templates did fix a lot of lag problems.

25. Offline

Orcem12

You obviously didn't read. 24 burst. It's for every server that uses Mossycobble. 24 burst RAM 8 dedicated. Control panel is organized and mobile friendly. Plus I just use Fillzilla, duh. I've been with them for almost 2 weeks now and they've been a tremendous amount of help. I'm not going to have a d**k measuring contest with you. I just wanna host a minecraft server. Not competitively compare them, he asked for opinions and I gave mine. No need to go against. Just calm down. Stop advertising like you own the place. We all go with what we want. And MossyCobble has been around since 2004 hosting TF2 and Red Orchestra servers which I own as well.

26. Offline

erdrickk

LOL I am the one who needs to calm down? have you read your own post buddy? I didn't jump down anyone's throat and I most certainly didn't offer myself as a tool in your homosexual fantasies but I am flattered. I gave my opinion just as you did. Obviously you are up tight and defensive. I feel sorry for the users of your plugin's. I can imagine someone pasting in a an error caused by your plugin and then you going all commando super Nazi on them

27. Offline

Orcem12

O Jesus, What is wrong with you? You did make your opinion, after you went against mine and now your proposing awkward sentences trying to make yourself sound like a winner? That's real mature. I was simply using drastic comparisons. You must be American. I've never met anyone on these forums as radical as you.

28. Offline

erdrickk

Nope, not American, try again. I am not going to guess your nationality because I would be risking a chance of insulting everyone else who is falls under your nationality.

by the way - to come out and say "you must be American" shows your racist intents and your general hatred to the western hemisphere.

You're a plugin developer, you tell me. Anyone with 3 brain cells knows that a shitty broken plugin can disable even the best of servers. Please, if you are going to debate with me use more of that gray jelly between your ears.

I am not going to get in this with a irrational kid. Have a good day bud.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  29. Offline

Orcem12

Okay, fair enough response. Even though I proposed peace. I now see where you stand. Insults help you win I guess.

Now you sir, have a great day.

30. Offline

javoris767

A good host is Beastnode i use it :D great host that have a IRC chat forums and they have a ticket system to help you 24/7

Pack i use: (open)

1-24 player slots | 768 MB RAM | Bukkit | Free Mumble & Subdomain Hosting by Request | FTP Access

*Player slots are only suggested and can be affected by many variables such as plugins (amount and resource usage), world size, and redstone/piston use.

*Subdomain hosting will be under the BeastNode.org domain.
    so www.blahcraft.beastnode.org <- Site
    or
    blahcraft.beastnode.org:port <- Ip

-*Dedicated IP available at additional monthly cost (limited availability)

for their choices go to
    https://www.beastnode.com/portal/cart.php?gid=1
    they have good web hosting too :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.