Solved No connection, Hamachi, NO PORT FORWARDING!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by brendenp123, Dec 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

brendenp123

Everytime I try to make my server with Bukkit, it doesnt work. I've been using Vanilla and everyone on my Hamachi network can connect great with no issues at all. And no, don't suggest port-forwarding because I'm not comfortable with going into my router settings. Anyways, so I can connect onto my server but no one else on my Hamachi network can. I changed the IP of the server to the IP of my Hamachi and no go. I'm not sure what else to do. I tried turning off my firewall and my antivirus and still nothing. The online mode in properties is true and the IP is the same as my Hamachi IP. Thanks for help in advance! Also I don't know if this makes a difference or not but i used the bukkit installer which has the operator board.

2. Offline

Flashsplash

You first said: I've been using Vanilla and everyone on my Hamachi network can connect great with no issues at all. Then you said: Anyways, so I can connect onto my server but no one else on my Hamachi network can.
    This happened to my friend who used a bukkit installer, I couldn't connect either. But when I made a server which I made it from scratch w/o any installers, they could connect. Maybe you turned off your hamachi?

3. Offline

stuntguy3000

The issue: Hamachi. Learn to port forward and do it the right way.

4. Offline

3DDarren

There's one thing I hate about Hamachi. It lags your server! Also, why are you not comfortable with going into your router settings?

5. Offline

stuntguy3000

Honestly i could rant for days about how bad and unsafe Hamachi is............

6. Offline

brendenp123

No hamachi is on. But i will try starting from scratch. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the suggestion

The owner of the network doesnt want me to port forward

Like i said above the owner doesnt want me to port forward. And the server doesnt lag for me in vanilla at all! but that probably because only 5 people get on it

Not Helpful!

Ok it still won't work. I can get on but none of my friends can. Here is my server properties

#Minecraft server properties
    #Thu Dec 27 13:14:25 CST 2012
    generator-settings=
    allow-nether=true
    level-name=world
    enable-query=false
    allow-flight=false
    server-port=25565
    level-type=DEFAULT
    enable-rcon=false
    level-seed=
    server-ip=25.186.123.94
    max-build-height=256
    spawn-npcs=true
    white-list=false
    spawn-animals=true
    snooper-enabled=true
    hardcore=false
    texture-pack=
    online-mode=true
    pvp=true
    difficulty=1
    gamemode=0
    max-players=20
    spawn-monsters=true
    generate-structures=true
    view-distance=10
    motd=A Minecraft Server

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2016
  7. Offline

3DDarren

I think it's the "server-ip=25.186.123.94" that's causing it. Try to remove the ip and run the server again.

8. Offline

brendenp123

If i take that out, what IP would i give my friends? That same IP? I'm a little confused. I have the IP there in my vanilla server and it works fine. The main reason why I want bukkit because of all of the plugins they have. If there was an easy way to do it on vanilla, then I would do it.

Ok never mind I got it!!!! For some reason hamachi is considered a public network so i allowed it through my firewall and now everyone can play on it!! this can be marked as solved.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.