NewRewards (Advertising)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by jackjorge, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Offline

jackjorge

Suggested name: NewRewards

What I want: On my server, I promised players $500 in game money for bringing on their friends. I am looking for a plugin that can help make that easy. Here is the idea:

When a new player joins, a menu pops up asking the user
    "How did you find this server? Type 'W' for website, or 'P' for player."

If the person types "W" then it says Thank you!

If the person types "P" it says "What is the IGN of that player"

Once the new guy types in the IGN, the console will run /eco pay (name) 500

Thanks!

Ideas for commands: /NR Help

Ideas for permissions: nr.new - New player will be prompted with message

When I'd like it by: Hopefully by Tuesday, July 8th

Thanks!

2. Offline

EgyptianKing

3. Offline

daavko

jackjorge This could be easily exploited by constantly registering new accounts on server.

4. Offline

jackjorge

EgyptianKing It is a similar idea, but i think players might not want to have to give people a code... it could annoy people. I also was reading the comments and someone said it didnt support 1.7.9 :(

If you could make it that would be awesome! :)
    Thanks, -Jack

daavko Im not quite sure what that means... :eek:

5. Offline

daavko

jackjorge My response means, that players who have cracked minecraft launcher can register many accounts on your server and receive these 500$ for every single account they create (as you can put any name into cracked minecraft launcher). Although this can be eliminated by putting server into online mode (which I believe you have)

6. Offline

EgyptianKing

jackjorge

I have a question. Players, whenever they first join, will type either w or p and will be seen by the whole server. Do you want me to make it so that only he see's his own messages?

7. Offline

jackjorge

daavko Oh haha, well my server is public!

EgyptianKing So a new player joins on, and it will only ask that new player to type W or P, but either way nobody will see the question or result.

8. Offline

ZanderMan9

I can make this for you fairly quickly... Unless EgyptianKing would like to do it?

9. Offline

EgyptianKing

ZanderMan9

Go ahead and take it, I got stumped anyways heh.

10. Offline

Onlineids

EgyptianKing , ConversationAPI ftw. Also jackjorge what if the player (NAME) is offline? He should probably just use vault to change the balance so that the money is added no matter what. ZanderMan9

EgyptianKing likes this.
  11. Offline

jackjorge

Onlineids Oh well the /eco give (player) 500 commnad would still work of the player was offline.

12. Offline

Onlineids

13. Offline

ZanderMan9

Not if the playername is exact... Then that would mean the player would need to know his friend's exact name. Or, I could use two methods to do this...

14. Offline

Onlineids

ZanderMan9 Use OfflinePlayer friend = Bukkit.getOfflinePlayer(String)
    if(friend.hasJoinedBefore){
    //Correct referral
    }

15. Offline

ZanderMan9

Onlineids Yep I know. Only thing I'm stuck on is getting player input without using a command.

I can do this with commands now, or I can take a day or so more to learn the conversation API. Which would you prefer, jackjorge ?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  16. Offline

Onlineids

ZanderMan9 here give me a little bit I can do the conversation part for you

17. Offline

jackjorge

ZanderMan9 either one could work, but if it is commands, can you prevent the user from talking or moving until he does the command? Thanks

18. Offline

jackjorge

ZanderMan9 are you still making this? if you have any questions feel free to ask!

19. Offline

ZanderMan9

I'm going to see what Onlineids comes up with first :).
    I'm in a group project for a server, possibly paid now, but I'll see what I can do with Online's conversation code, or if he wants to go ahead and do the whole deal, that's fine too. Sorry to have jumped into this and then gotten sidetracked :(

20. Offline

Onlineids