Newbie to Bukkit, all I need is opinions.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by pedro_hff, Nov 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

pedro_hff

Hi guys, once I played on a server that had such a great pack of plugins, is that too much asking for you guys help finding plugins that will fit(that will be compatible)?
    In "that" server I could:
    -Buy land, with the currency that I got from my job
    -Job System
    -Trading system
    -Currency(of course)
    -Spawn Protection*
    -Two Portals, one to nether, another to a random place
    -Essencial Plugins

All I want is sugestions of plugins that will do what I said before.
    Thanks for the Bukkit community for this amazing (what do I call it...) feature(...?) for minecraft.

*I just can't do it

2. Offline

LandonTheGeek

pedro_hff

I have a few that may help you. I will list them below. (All of them are not listed.)

Job System: Jobs - http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/jobs/
    Trading System: You could try 'FloAuction' - http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/floauction/
    Currency: iConomy - http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/iconomy/
    Spawn Protection: WorldGuard - http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/worldguard/
    Two Portals: For the teleportation feature of it, try Multiverse Portals - http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/multiverse-portals/
    Essential Plugins: One absolute... xD 'Essentials' - http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/essentials/

Good luck! :) Hope the server goes well, it can be a bit overwhelming.

pedro_hff likes this.
  3. Offline

pedro_hff

Thank you, I'm testing them later and will be updating my new experience in here

It helped me A LOT! Thank you (i wish i knew how to reply your name).
    Last thing I need is a plugin for anti-griefing for players, that they can buy their own territory

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2016
    HelpfulBeast likes this.
  4. Offline

LHammonds

For buying land, you could use Factions. I use Factions 1.8.2 on my CraftBukkit 1.6.4-R2.0 server. If you want to see all of that which you listed in action, simply visit my server. :) The only thing I don't (and won't) use is the random teleportation.

I have 3 worlds and each has a large spawn protection area...you have to walk 200 blocks in any direction before you can get out of the spawn area, but it will display a message when you leave/enter spawn.

LHammonds

5. Offline

LandonTheGeek

pedro_hff

You don't have to reply with my name. :) You just click Tahg under my post.

I don't know of many, but I do know you could get "GriefPrevention" that lets players claim land with blocks that you can accumulate over time. :) Not the best answer, but I tried. Haha

Good luck

6. Offline

p0wd3r

HelpfulBeast
    I use GriefPrevention, great plugin for claim control. You can change what damages it, how high/low your claim goes, max blocks, how many blocks per hour you accumulate, admin claims (for spawn and towns), tons of options. I like it more than worldguard.

7. Offline

LandonTheGeek

p0wd3r

Same here. I tend to use WorldGuard only for official "server" builds. GriefPrevention is more of a non-Admin way of dealing with things.

8. Offline

pedro_hff

I'm back, my server is already running, and working.
    Now I need more plugins, for chat and for shopping.

For chat, I want you guys to recommend it , cus I don't know how it would work, I'd say some plugin that when people press T and talk, the message would only show to people who are close to him, and have a "/all" chat that you can enable/disable. But I don't know, you guys tell me whats best.
    TL,DR: don't want the chat to be a mess.

For shopping: in that old server I told on the first post, we had a different world, and once in there, there was something like a shopping mall, where you could buy stores and sell stuff in the store. Isn't there any tutorial that would teach me everything about it, and even give me a world save for the store, etc? If not, help me just get a plugin that will sell stuff there are in a chest or something like.
    TL,DR: a plugin to sell stuff in a chest, and/or another to sell land for money to people sell stuff in the chests

9. Offline

Syd

Chat:
    Can be done with EssentialsChat.
    In your essentials config there should be a section for EssentialsChat, that allows you to set some settings, like a chat range. It also has a Shout Chat, that is global. (You need to add a ! before the text)
    Just don't forget to give the permissions for the chat stuff. ;)

Shopping:
    For a chest shop I would recommend ChestShop :D
    For selling/buying land it really depends on the land claiming plugin you currently use.

10. Offline

LHammonds

EssentialsChat is what I ended up going with as well. I set the prefix and postfix in PermissionsEx groups and the format in Essentials config. With Factions, I also use FactionChat which is an additional layer on top you typically do not have to configure at all...it just works. FactionChat allows you to have multiple channels so you can talk to just your faction, allies, enemies, staff members, or to specific factions temporarily. There is even an option to TURN OFF public chat!!! How awesome is that?

Factions has the ability to use economy for land management. You can configure it however you like. I have mine setup where it costs 25k to create a faction, 2k to buy the 1st piece of land and then increments for each additional you get. I also have it set where it costs money to declare war on other factions. :)

Also agree wity Syd, sounds like you are describing ChestShop. Essentials comes with the ability for admins to setup sign shops where you can buy and sell to the server for a fixed price but there is no related inventory like there is in ChestShop. ChestShop will let your players create their own shops and everyone can set their own prices. You could combine this with WorldGuard and create areas where players can setup their shops and have access to create their shops. I have thought about adding this plugin to my server but I have not figured out how to make this 100% player-controlled and still easy to use. Each player can create their shops on their own land but it will be scattered all over the place. If you want to create a "mall," you would have to manage the land which does not scale well with more players added to the server and requires staff's time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.