Newbie Keep INV X Times

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by spy85, May 21, 2013.

1. Offline

spy85

Hello! My main server is for every player to have an enjoyable mostly peaceful time with very little griefing, clean worlds, orginized community, etc.

THERE IS 1 PROBLEM! :O -> There are certain people who just go and kill newbies for the heck of it and its really ruining the server as well as sending new players away. Of course PvP must be allowed as they do kill legitly.

The Plugin -
    So I need a plugin that allows new players to keep their inventory and not drop items when they die either for X configurable times. Can anyone whip up something? If so that would be great and I will gladly reward you :)

Plugin Extension -
    Could someone also make it so when a player has killed X times in X minutes it warns them telling them they have been killing to much or something (config message) then if they keep killing before their final X minutes (cooldown) ends they will be temp banned X minutes.

Make sense or should I make it more clear?

Sorry idk what "Filled" means and what its for here in the bukkit forums...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
  2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

It means that you got the plugin where you are asking for, in the top right is an button : thread tools, then change the status to <blank>

EDIT: Why not invulnerability for an hour or so?

3. Offline

spy85

If I did that I would also have to make sure they could not kill other people while they are invincible so that it is completely fair.

The problem with doing that is some of them will want to be able to kill at that time. I think its better to just allow them to PvP but keep their inv if they die while still new.

I suppose a new feature to add on to this is it also has a timer so if they do not die in X hours they then will not respawn with their inventory anyway.

4. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Or just keep inventory in that time, without the kill counter

5. Offline

spy85

Yup sounds much better :)

6. Offline

fromgate