New to java

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Dragonfire967, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Dragonfire967

Hey, I'm new to java, and was wanting to create a plugin that does the following. Basically, if a player gets hit by a mob, they take damage over time until they eat / use a item / food / potion to negate the effect. If they fail to do it before their last heart vanishes... they die. In addition... I want it to be able to support multiple worlds, and possibly only work on one world, or all worlds, as set by the server owner via the config.yml

Can anyone link me some tutorials on how best to approach this, or show me some examples on how to handle this without errors? Thanks.

P.S. the item/food/potion to be used would be chosen in the config.yml as well, as an FYI.

2. Offline

adam753

Start right here:
    http://wiki.bukkit.org/Plugin_Tutorial
    I suggest not jumping right in and trying to piece together your desired plugin immediately. Read the tutorial, write a few example plugins, learn how things work and how they don't work. It doesn't sound fun but I promise it will help you a lot in the long run.

3. Offline

Dragonfire967

I actually just finished that tutorial before I made this topic. I guess my question is more of where to go from there to get the info on how to do what it is I'm wanting to do.

4. Offline

Sagacious_Zed Bukkit Docs

You need to figure out how to implement what you want to do, that is the whole point of programming.

5. Offline

gomeow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.