New PVP Server Setup Help Needed, which Plugins to get.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by jamescosten, Jun 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

jamescosten

Ok well im setting up a new server, a true PVP server. I want no plugins, just iconomy and a few admin related plugins, but i want to block all commands on the server. How would i do this, using permissions would i just put nothing. Im getting confused as im tired, been a long day lol.

PVP - Killing, tnt and destroying all allowed as i want a true pvp experience.

I just dont want people to use any commands.

Cheers in advance guys :)

2. Offline

tom

Dont give anyone permissions other then using money. AKA, leave it blank.

3. Offline

Phaedrus

If you're going to use PVP and iconomy, why not add PvPRewards so you can get some cash from the people you kill, and iConomyDeath so people lose a little cash when they die. Makes thing's more interesting.

And yeah, if you want to block people from doing things you need to configure permissions. Create a group for your pvp players and only give them the permission nodes for the commands you want them to have. Each plugin will list the nodes on their setup instructions.

4. Offline

jamescosten

Ok cool cheers for all your help. I will try those plugins you mentioned aswell

5. Offline

Wilky

You may want to check out HeroRPG or PwnCraft or MCMMO as well, to add some leveling and "skills". Adds more flavor to pvp when there's more variation than to either hack with a sword or shoot with a bow.

6. also, theres a plugin (just check plugins.bukkit.org) that blocks the default /give, /version, /plugin, all that. granted, you can only use that when op'd, but still, that might help you...
    agree with all the posts ^^

7. Offline

ichingpow

You said you don't want any plugins yet you want iConomy? *mind blown*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.