Problem/Bug New computer/ New bugs / Java compiler

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by camman00, Jul 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

camman00

Hello,
    Recently I got a new apple air computer which is awesome, But I soon realized it would trouble me on eclipse. To get to the main point I keep on running into the unsupported major.minor version 52.0 error. I have tried multiple of times to change my compiler to 1.7 and I have even changed my execution environment to run Java 1.7 JRE. The problem still concedes. I am asking for help on how to solve this problem because without my eclipse working I wont be able to code a plugin that I need to be coded by a certain date.

Thanks for all the help,
    camman00

@bwfcwalshy @mrCookieSlime

Edit: I have tried compiling my plugin in java 6 7 and 8 I still get this error. Im desperate please help me!!!! What have I done wrong I have looked on almost every thread posted about this issue and I still cant fix it. :(:(:(

Edit 2: Stack Trace

Stack Trace (open)

unsupported major.minor version 52.0
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:135) ~[Spigot-1.jar:git-Spigot-6d0ae89-a03743b]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:329) ~[Spigot-1.jar:git-Spigot-6d0ae89-a03743b]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:251) [Spigot-1.jar:git-Spigot-6d0ae89-a03743b]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R3.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:291) [Spigot-1.jar:git-Spigot-6d0ae89-a03743b]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:198) [Spigot-1.jar:git-Spigot-6d0ae89-a03743b]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:528) [Spigot-1.jar:git-Spigot-6d0ae89-a03743b]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722) [?:1.7.0_05]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  2. Offline

camman00

*bump*

**Bump** :'(:'(:'(:(:(:(:(
    I have jdk 7 and jdk 8 on my computer please help me If I dont get this plugin submitted to my friend tomorrow I could lose some money :(

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2016
  3. Offline

Boomer

given that by that stack trace, the server is running only java 7, focus on that and not the other compiler levels. You are likely missing one of the points to change in the project.

Also note you need the jdk as part of the solution here, not just the jre setting.

And note if you are using something like a maven project, the maven parts may be established for using java 8 settings and need as well to be adjusted

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...rted-major-minor-version-52-0-error-minecraft
    http://java.wildstartech.com/Java-P...e-to-run-with-java-7-when-java-8-is-installed

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  4. Offline

camman00

@Boomer
    Thanks for the reply but the error still concedes :(

Heres a list of stuff that I have done so far.
    * Compiler set to 1.7
    * Eclipse runs JDK 1.7
    * Execution environment matches 1.7 to 1.7 jdk
    * Preferences page matches the properties page
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    What have I done wrong
    :(

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  5. Offline

camman00

*Bump* 3rd one :( :( :(

Bump 4th one :( :( :( :(
    Edit: I have tried compiling with java 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 I still get the same exact error maybe my compiler is messed up?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

6. Offline

camman00

Bump 5

Bump 6

7. Offline

xTrollxDudex

Open your terminal and type in "java -version", paste the output here.

8. Offline

camman00

Java version "1.8.0_25" sorry for the late reply I was at camp all day I set my eclipse to run Java 1.7 the error still comes up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.