Nether as Seperate World?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by elysianhero, Jun 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

elysianhero

Thanks for taking the time to look at my question.

I'm setting up a server that I'm planing on utilizing Multi Worlds for. I have 2 questions in relation to this.

First, would it be worth it to turn off the Nether for the default world, and simply treat it as another world entirely? I'm using WorldBorder to limit the size of the world, and since I plan on having several worlds, I think it would be best if the Nether was accessible from any world as one persistant Nether. Would this work out, or does anyone think this would be a bad idea?

Secondly, if I plan on having several different "smallish" worlds (1000-5000 block radius), should I expect much degredation in server performance? I've never really utilized it before, and I'm worried that the number of worlds may decrease the performance more than a smaller number of larger worlds. Anyone have any advice on this?

Thanks for the help.

-E

2. Offline

elysianhero

Well, I got everything working. So far, there is no degradation in server performance, and I hope it stays that way even with a handful of people playing at the same time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.