Solved Needed: Partner Coder

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by FireBreath14, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

FireBreath14

Hello,

Recently I published a minigame called Quicksand, which is a take off of the map minigame TNTRUN. The one problem I have with it is that I can't figure out how to store data more efficiently and at the same time cut lag. Right now Its doing a decent job but there is still massive lag due to the lame way it is storing data - the config file. I really don't want to store data that way but I never really investigated other ways. I tried using SQLite but it didn't work out.

Basically what I'm asking for is someone to come on the project with me part time and help with updates concerning the data. I do not have any money up for grabs but I can do as much as to credit you and split Curse Reward Points. If you are experienced in location logging, using databases, and storing lots of data quickly, please PM my BUKKIT account Firebreath15

It can be up to you if you want to stay on the project or not, but I'll credit you appropriately for your work. All the job description is, is that you make the plugin store data in an organized, lag-free way. I really want to stress that I want an experienced coder helping me so I can grow. (I can code well, but I'll admit that I am bad at data storage.)

Thank you for your time and PLEASE pm me if you can help!

Just bumping - i really would like help

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2016
  2. Offline

The_Doctor_123

Here's what you do:

1. Load all data at startup.
    2. Store it all in some sort of variable(s), like ArrayLists, HashMaps, etc.
    3. Whenever something needs to be written, put the data in both the variables and the config.

3. Offline

FireBreath14

I got someone looking to help me with the actual code, but thanks.
    and... DAVID TENNANT WEWT!

4. Offline

The_Doctor_123

5. Offline

monkeymanboy

I've used your plugin before and what I suggest you do is make the floor saved in config or something instead of just saving whatever parts were destroyed because the way you do it now causes lag and glitches (by glitches i mean like floor not regenerating and stuff)

6. Offline

callum.thepro

Just store a map blueprint in a data file and when the plugin is loaded you should load the blueprint. This means all you have to do is just keep restoring the map to this blueprint after the map.

7. Offline

FireBreath14

Okay I think that is a great way to do it. Just restore the whole thing at the end but don't log anything - save the blocks beforehand.

Thanks everyone for the advice!

callum.thepro likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.