[Need Private DEV] Double player count

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Viet, Nov 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Viet

I need a plugin that can double the real player count. Is there any possibility?

2. Offline

InflamedSebi

3. Offline

Viet

Oh I didn't know that, guess I'll change it to public then :) thx

4. Offline

Codex Arcanum

This is incredibly sleazy. That is all.

Thermo_Core and cman1885 like this.
  5. Offline

-_Husky_-

This is not hard to achieve, but sleazy, yes.

6. Offline

AndyMcB1

And why do you want this :confused:

7. Offline

SirTyler

Possible, but unless you are willing to pay some (I believe codename_b did this already) to do it, no one will do it for you.

8. Offline

Viet

"Money offers/payment - As per the forum rules, monetary offers are not allowed. Posts offering payment will be deleted on sight without warning."

But of course I would return the favor in any way I can to those who can help. I heard this plugin is unachieveable, therefore I like to have it done to prove otherwise.

No matter what you think, you can't deny the fact that it's practical and people wants it, either to research, abuse, or to prove it's possible. I'm not afraid to make this kind of requests and no matter your judgement, I am more than willing to donate to your life and project if you make good plugins and has been frequently contribute to plugin developers. Afforess has it in Craftbukkit++. So in a way, it's not sleazy at all.
    So if you can make it possible, just drop the sleazy speech and hit me up.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
  9. Offline

jacklin213

Um so what is actually the request?

10. Offline

SirTyler

Its completely possible, but its still sleazy and just cause someone else does it does not make it okay. Lets look at this realistically, your server is serverA and your going up against serverB. ServerB has a true player count of 20 out of their max 30. ServerA has a true player count of 5 out of 30, however they use a plugin to make it appear as 25 out of 30. If someone is looking for a new server to try out or someone is looking for a server to show off for a video, they are going to go to the more popular one. In essence you are falsely giving out information for the soul purpose of looking better, that is sleaze right there.

Point being that it can be done, but a majority of people will not do this for the exact reason you are trying to cover. Its sleazy and makes you look bad. However this is still a valid request and has been asked many times before, people have made it before and I can not see anyone making it for free. Note: If you plan to pay for this take it off the Bukkit Forums.

11. Offline

Viet

I understand your point of view. However, I stand by my statement. This is a legitimate request and it's not the case that this arguement makes it not okay. I can give out exceptions to your arguement since it's moderately weak.

To conclude my rant and mind my own thing, if a developer is interested, he can either let me know via this topic or private message. I have no intention of paying for the plugin, if I like to donate to the developer to support his life as a way to stimulate the community, I would do so.

12. Offline

-_Husky_-

Making players think there is more players on the server so they can have a good time.

Please tell me, how is that not sleazy.

So what Afforess has it in his CraftBukkit++, doesn't change the fact it is sleazy.

Max_The_Link_Fan likes this.
  13. Offline

Viet

"Making players think there is more players on the server so they can have a good time." You just disregard your own point, I need no further explaination.

14. Offline

HyrulesLegend

This is funny. Get real players, you noob. Other servers like mine work hard for our player counts, and you just wanna make your server look good with a fake amount of players.

I suggest TnT locks this, it's horrifying.

15. Offline

TnT

Locked. This is constantly getting offtopic and many people feel this is a sleazy request.

Get your players legitimately. I do not understand the desire to lie about player count. If you have a server no one stays on, rethink your strategy.

If you want to gain popularity, do it the same way everyone else does - advertise their server and spread the information by word of mouth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.