NEED MORE RAM!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by jblanda, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

AyshineMatt

I'm out, too. Mainly because this wasting my time when I could be coding up my portfolio... Anyways, Maihym, if you decide to start a thread, tag me, I'd be glad to provide even more evidence.

2. Offline

(facepalm) The usb is not going to provide any more RAM. It again is simply disk cache, and you cannot run a server off that. Now to answer your question about how you are able to run a server with 6.8GB. What is happening is when you run the server off that, it uses your free RAM for actual RAM, then any more is Virtual Memory created in the page file by windows, saved on your hard drive, basically ruining the purpose of RAM.
    The readyboost is just basically another page file on the flash drive, which isnt all too fast, so really, running 6.8gb of ram on a server, while most is on the hard drive and flash drive, will really bog the proformance of the server

You need to either go buy more RAM, or simply live with 1GB

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
    xiMatt likes this.
  3. Offline

DanteDevil1005

Buy 2 Bars of RAM for 100-250$, Ain't NAWBODY GOT MONEY FO' DAT!

xiMatt likes this.
  4. Offline

And what is so hard to understand with the ReadyBoost.
    I'M also 13.
    I get it perfectly

xiMatt likes this.
  5. Offline

jblanda

I have 4 1gb RAM cards in a PC i restored myself. i have 2 servers now running on 1GB each, so i have 2 avalable. I am connecting using RDP or Remote Desktop Protocal. All i want is a Batch file. Thank you

6. Offline

Codisimus

jblanda You may be interested in using NoLagg to check the timings of plugins. See which ones use more system resources.

7. Offline

jblanda

I have tried Clearlag, and NoLag, they both somehow slow down my server :/

8. Offline

Codisimus

Yes they can cause other issues, I only leave NoLagg on long enough to get a timings report.

9. Offline

jblanda

know what, if i limit my HG arenas, i can run off 1 RAM. In the future i need to know how to do this because im thinking of merging my HG/Factions server with my Survival/Creative plots server.

But now im getting this error, please help!
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/multiverse-core-survival-games-error.137609/

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.