Need Help With Event Errors.

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by chernobyl360, May 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

chernobyl360

Well i have been adding features to one of my plugins *Crafting logger*. Now When Ever I Place/Damage or interact with a block it gives me a list of errors.

Crafting Logger Source:
    https://github.com/Chernobyl360/CraftingLog

The Error:
    ScreenCap (open)
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i really need help with this. as far as i know this is my only issue.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2016
  2. Offline

Jeyge

Your permissions.yml file isn't named correctly. Make sure it is <world name>.yml and is in the plugins\permissions directory. If you have extensions turned off, the file will be named <world name>.

Edit - That will fix the BLOCK_PLACE/BLOCK_BREAK errors at least.

3. Offline

chernobyl360

lol i have the permissions setup correctly.. if permissions were out of wack it would warn me.

4. Offline

DreadKyller

well there are errors with the permissions:

"Could not pass event Block_Place to Permissions"

there is something messed up

as for the other error, we really can't tell anything unless we know the script.

5. Offline

chernobyl360

know the script? i put the source up for you to look at...

6. Offline

Jeyge

Wouldn't line 34 in CraftingLog.java need to look more like:
    Code:
                    pm.registerEvent(Event.Type.PLAYER_INTERACT, playerListener, Event.Priority.High, this);

with this at the top:
    Code:
                    private final CRPlayerListener playerListener = new CRPlayerListener(this);

Seems like it would need to be that way but I'm just a noob who knows nothing about Permissions and how they work.

I keep coming back to this message and reading it over and over again. Every time it just makes me laugh. Which warnings are we talking about here? Every time I look at the Permissions code, I just don't see any warnings. They only warnings they have are the BLOCK_BREAK/BLOCK_PLACE when the file name isn't correct. Damn, that isn't actually in Permissions. They have the warnings when your yml isn't set up correctly. Damn, that is actually the yml parser. There is the warning that comes up when there aren't any groups in your yml file. Damn, no warning for that. There is the warning when there aren't any users. Damn, no warning again. There is the warning when a user is assigned to a group that doesn't exist. Damn, no warning again. There is the warning when a group name isn't accepted by Permissions. Damn, no warning again.

Damn, that is a lot of warnings that just don't exist but thanks for the laugh anyway and your welcome if I fixed your problem above.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2016
  7. Offline

chernobyl360

whats so damn funny about this.Im only going off what the console throws out at me. I Hardly know Much about coding and what the error warnings are. so theres no need to be an a**.:confused: all i was referring to with the permissions being out of whack was how i classified my name. the permissions world.yml is default.

8. Offline

Jeyge

And all I was trying to do was help and you laugh at my suggestion and tell me that if there was something wrong, the plugin would have told you. Perhaps a different response would have been much better because you call me an ass for what I said. Well, I call you one for what you said.

9. Offline

chernobyl360

Ok yes this helps me alot. It fixed my issue and of that im grateful that i got the help i asked for. but im just disappointed on how you took it. but thanks again. ill reference you on my thread.

i found the permissions issue was coming from me accidentally using permissions as a exterior build path. it was trying to do something it shouldnt of.

10. Offline

Jeyge

Words are all we have on here and some words mean more than you might think. Saying "Thanks, but I don't think that is it" is completely different than "Yeah, right".

I might have looked at the code earlier but while I'm a very experienced developer, I don't write Java code so I usually leave that to the devs here. But I do like to look as it exposed me to more Java and soon I'll start playing with it. Would be good skill to have.

11. Offline

chernobyl360

cool, if you would like maybe we could make amends and start over :D. i would like maybe for us to work together. so im sorry if i have come across as an a** or complete imbecile.

12. Offline

Jeyge

You don't have to worry about me. I'm too old to hold a grudge and I really did think it was funny. As for my response about the Permissions plugin, I just shake my head over what could make the errors so much easier to find but it gives me something to do during the day. Hell, I don't even really play the game and yet I'm here watching the forums all day long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.