Need help starting a plugin

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by LukeZaz, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

LukeZaz

Hi, i'm new to Bukkit Plugin Development, Using samkio's Basic tutorial i've created a small successful plugin but this is as far as i've gone,

On the old HMOD forums i had one plugin i needed to develop, I'm not doing that here, But i've got another large plugin i want to develop, And i don't really know how to start,

I play the MMORPG game Rift, where a world called Telara is under seige by multiple different Rifts, each one different, What i want to do is make a sort-of Rift plugin for Bukkit, I don't know if its possible yet but i still want to try and start,

Like rift there will be factions, Each one will be based on already-existing mobs to simplify it, The sides will be:
    Zombies
    Skeletons
    Creepers

Each faction will have certain mobs that are associated with it:
    Zombies:
    • Zombies [zombie]
    Skeletons:
    • Skeletons [skeleton]
    • Spiders [spider]
    • (LATER VERSIONS) Jockeys (Skeletons riding Spiders)
    Creepers:
    • Creepers [creeper]
    Each faction will possibly in later versions have more mobs,
    Each faction will attack each other, or help others of its own kind (Creepers help mobs in the Creeper Faction, but attack mobs like Skeletons who are in the Skeleton Faction)
    Each faction will spawn occasionally on the map, And will keep that area, Eventually spawning more mobs which go around to a random place and build a Foothold, which spawns more mobs, but slowly, Footholds can be destroyed,

Right now, all i want to do is make current mobs of one faction attack other mobs of other factions, Basically make the zombies attack skeletons spiders & creepers and skeletons/spiders kill zombies and creepers etc

How would i start this?

EDIT: I think i made a mistake - i believe this kinda thread goes in Plugin Development, is there any way i could move it? or should i just make this thread again over there?

I'll just make another thread over there...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.