Need Help Installing

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by tharvoil, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

tharvoil

First off, let me say bukkit looks amazing to me so far thumbs up to the devs.

Second I'm here to plead for help in getting bukkit installed. I just started renting a server for minecraft, and I can not get bukkit to work at all. I've tried following the guides and all I seem to do is screw it up more. I'm hoping there might be someone available to get it installed for me(I will give the information for my host ect). Thanks in advance to anyone who has some spare time and is willing to help!

~Thar

2. Offline

TnT

There really isn't much to screw up.

If you want help, you're going to need to give us more details.

3. Offline

tharvoil

Ok I'll give you what I can.

I should amend my earlier statement to say I got the craftbukkit server running. I can get Worldguard to run fine as well. The main issue I'm having is I lose access to ALL basic commands when running the craftbukkit server(e.g. kick, ban, save-all ect) Those three are the ones I mainly care about as I am currently the only admin. The save-all I MUST have because my rental server does not do auto saves, I have to manually save it all which is annoying but I'm ok with it. If anyone can provide any help with that, then I'd be grateful.

p.s. I am set up as admin in the premissions files and am an op
    --- merged: Jan 27, 2011 7:31 PM ---
    I also want to add I'm a complete f****n moron.... finally realized default commands were changed to /#

4. Offline

TreePuncher

I also have a rented server and would like to know how install bukkit. I have access to SSH and an FTP to all the files. Is there a tutorial somewhere that explains how to install bukkit onto a hosted server?

5. Offline

mughi

you are better than some, if you found that already :)

I take it you are set then?

6. Offline

TnT

What OS? There are a few guides out there, some geared towards certain OSes. I'll link you to the best one.

7. Offline

TreePuncher

I think it's linux, I would have to check with my server provider.

8. Offline

TnT

We really need that to know how to best guide you. Ubuntu. ArchLinux.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.