Plugin Help Need Help Finding A Plugin

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by Grippy19, Jun 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Grippy19

I currently have a 1.7.9 - RO.3 through MCProHosting. It's of course a private server, that me and a few friends play RPG on. I have been looking for a plugin that allows lights to turn on when someone is near or without a lever. It just adds to the effect and Ive been searching all day, and no plugin seems to work. Whenever I find one that has was I need, it either says theres and error, or it does absolutely nothing when I type its commands. I don't understand plugins. Would a 1.7.10 work with 1.7.9 ? and what does RO.3 mean? I downloaded a plugin that was 1.7.9 RO.2 ... like what, does that work with my server? I'm so confused. Please help, does anyone know for sure a light plugin thatll work on my server? :/

2. Offline

Boomer

depending on how many places you need to have this special illumination, you may be better off with commandblocks providing power when a player is near within a radius...
    Otherwise, a plugin would require a lot of heavy-duty checking every player movement , when 99.9% of the time they're not near one..
    And yes, 1.7.9 and 1.7.10 are compatible, at least there should be astronomical odds against a version incompatibility due to the one or two code-updates between build versions in the api not likely being big enough to break continuity, if they even are in the code parts impacting your potential plugin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.