Need Developer For Lucky Block Race Plugin

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by ebear, May 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ebear

Hey Bukkit Forums!

I'm looking for some help developing a plugin to integrate with the Lucky Block Mod.

This will NOT recode blocks, but will instead automate a Race aspect.

It will need to make certain aspects like World Regeneration, Staging, Sign Joining, Lobby, and Potentially Map Voting.

So here's pretty much the premise:

Players start at a configured spawn and right click a Sign to join a Lobby. They are teleported to the lobby where they can do some parkour and vote for maps before the map starts. Once the countdown ends and there are enough people (4-8), the game will start and it will teleport all players to the starting area. A short countdown (probably 10 seconds), the game will start and the players can move and destroy the blocks. If you're familiar with a Lucky Block Race, players must destroy one block before they can move on to the next. The players will have an invisible barrier to stop the player from advancing until the block has been destroyed. Once the block is destroyed, the player can pass. Each block should be on an area of about 5x5, so there's the block, and some other room for stuff. When the players make it to the ending 5x5 square, the game will announce the winner and return all the players to the spawn when they can repeat the process.

Here's some configurable options:

Messages sent to players, Places the arenas are, Names of arenas, etc.

The plugin will send players in the arena arena specific messages like when the game starts and who died from what. The plugin will send serverwide messages showing who won on which arena.

I'd have to be able to define where the blocks are in the 5x5 squares, the arenas, the 5x5 square locations, lobby locations, map names, and other stuff.

I think this idea can be expanded upon, please contact me on Skype if you can do it. I'm really looking to get it done ASAP, so if it'd take a long time, please let me know.

My Skype: ebearmc

Thanks!

2. Offline

PluginStudios

ebear you dont request on this part of the forum. This is for help.

3. Offline

ebear

@PluginsStudios I really didn't know where I was supposed to post since I was looking for a developer...

4. Offline

rbrick

5. Offline

ebear

rbrick Well, I was talking to someone who said he couldn't do it, but he said it'd be simple.

Also, it really doesn't have much to do with the mod besides rolling it back and detecting whether or not the block is on a spot...

6. Offline

xTigerRebornx

ebear Still, it would be using a mod, which would be ran on an Unsupported server build (Probably MCPC+), and the staff are 'iffy' (no offense to staff) when it comes to them.

7. Offline

SuperOmegaCow

ebear
    Post on the spigot forums.

acecheesecr14 likes this.
  8. Offline

ebear

Well, the Spigot people give support with Bungee and MCPC porting...

This needs a plugin made so it would kinda just require a bit of knowledge as far as MCPC goes and it'd be fine.

9. Offline

xTigerRebornx

ebear Well, this clearly isn't Spigot, its Bukkit :p

10. Offline

ebear

Spigot guys only port plugins, not make them... :(

^^ I really can't make much sense of that.

The Spigot staff really won't do much... That's why I'm here...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2016
  11. Offline

xTigerRebornx

ebear Bukkit staff will probably do a lot less, simply locking the post due to the use of MCPC and mentioning support for other server implementations.
    Your best bet would be to post in the proper section, try to get a developer for your server (without mentioning details that would get your post locked)
    Or, simply request the plugin to instead use a block that re-implements the idea for lucky blocks into a bukkit plugin, effectively removing the idea of unsupported server software.

12. Offline

ebear

Well, I'm all ears. I AM looking for a developer for the server, and this would probably be one of the projects.

13. Offline

xTigerRebornx

ebear Well, if you are looking for a developer, then you gotta post in the right section :p
    This is for developing help (i.e. You are a coder too, and you are stuck on something), I believe the correct section for you would be 'Show off your Bukkit Server' (the name is something like that, not sure why they chose that section, but it should be).

14. Offline

ebear

There's no section for that...

15. Offline

TnT

Locked. If you are looking for plugins for software other than Bukkit/CraftBukkit, you should seek those plugins on the forum where you found the software you are using.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.