Need a Radiation Plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Dantai87, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Offline

Dantai87

Hello, first time poster, and working on an idea I had for a server. Though for it to really be great, I need a radiation mod that will damage players when they go outside of protected regions. Preferably armor will negate the damage and take damage instead. Hopefully I'll either be able to make the effect global (except specified regions) or be able to select areas to make radioactive.

I have found a few addons like Radiation 1.3 and Acid rain which I wish worked, but are now outdated and I have no idea how to update the code. If anyone could point me to a new addon or have an updated version I'd be crazy happy!

2. Offline

Zarius

OtherBounds will let you define a circle (of custom radius and centre) which will hurt players exiting the "boundary". It doesn't currently allow armour to protect but that's a good idea (although radiation would penetrate armour in RL it's a good gameplay concept :D) so I'll look into the possibility of adding that.

If no-one else gets to Acid Rain I've got it in my sights to update, time permitting. Haven't seen the Radiation plugin.