need a little help with setting up the plugins on my server for zones and stuff

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Steve Cole, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Steve Cole

I decide to try and move my simpleserver over to a bukkit server so my friends and I could use the awesome mods like world edit and essentials. I have craftbucket and the basic plugins that I want and I can successfully run my server and everything works but I think I need help setting up the plugins.
    So the main things I want on my server are; warps, homes, time, superpick, zones, and minecart mania
    I would like to automate or atleast semi-automate saving and backing up the server along with updating craftbukkit and plugins if possible.
    If it is stable enough I would like to add multiworld/nether support also.
    Also if possible/stable have remote admin or console access so I can stop, start, kick, ban, while away from home.

So i setup my server and em currently using; CraftBukkitUpToDate, Minecart Mania, Essentials, BlastPick, WorldEdit, WorldGuard, Permissions.

I would like to set it up with 5 user classes;
    Owner - access to everything, can do anything, can build in, edit anyones zone
    Admin - pretty much the same as owner for now, can build in, edit player zones but not other admin zones
    TrustedPlayer - players that can build, use lava/fire/tnt, set zones, cannot bulid in, edit other's zones
    Player - players that can build, NO lava/fire/tnt/, set zones, cannot build in, edit other's zones
    Guest - can log on and see motd, No building, No destroying, Just walking and looking.

Currently using two of the defualt admin classes I had one setup a zone with him being the only owner but the other admin could still build and destroy in the zone.

Can someone help me achieve my desired setup or help me better understand permissions or worldguard. or suggest the best plugins for the features I want. Any help is appreciated.

P.S. I'm new to bukkit with today being the first day i've messed with craftbukkit at all.

P.P.S. Im on windows 7 64bit currently but want the server to run on a Mac once I know how to set everything up. Current craftbukkit build is 544.

2. Offline

captainawesome7

To run your server on a mac, download this: ServerHelper
    As for setting it up on your Windows machine, you will need to do the following for Permissions and WorldGuard:
    • Define each group in your permissions config file
    • In your WorldGuard blacklist, look at the given examples and set it up for TNT, lava, and lighters
    • The building in peoples zones can be accomplished in the WorldGuard config file, under Regions, where you can set the build to false, which only allows owners of regions or members of the reigon to build. Add your groups, admin and owner, to ignore, so that Admins and Owners can build anywhere.
    I will post the example config for WorldGuard and Permissions later today.

3. Offline

Steve Cole

thanks for the response, I'll check out the ServerHelper more once I move my files to my mac but it looks very promising. I've made a lot of headway in the last two days and have most of my server set up now, i'm dividing up permissions now and decided to go with residence and antigrief over worldguard because they were easier for me to use, waiting on a antigrief update right now to fix the problem with zones tho. Also I found its better to ask for more specific help in the different plugin threads then just a general overall help thread.

Also would you happen to know if there is a webinterface type plugin, one that would make it possible to do simple things like restart, kick, ban over the internet. kind of like the webinterface for jdownloader where it needs a username and password. Being the only admin for my server it would make it a little easier when i'm at school or away from home, currently using logmein to do this and its not the best solution but it works for now.

and thanks again for the serverhelper suggestion and info.

4. Offline

captainawesome7

Check the Bukkit Tools forum there are at least 3 to choose from. I would use milkAdmin or WebBukkit. They can perform simple server commands through the web and some can do backups and even more.

5. Offline

Steve Cole

thanks again for the help and info.

6. Offline

captainawesome7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.