Solved Name list max 16 error

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by FireBreath14, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

FireBreath14

Okay my server is glitching when players with 17+ name chars login. Heres the error

Code:
    10:41:05 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'spaw
    n' in plugin Backbone v5.0b
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:46)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:18
    6)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_5_R1.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServe
    r.java:514)
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R1.PlayerConnection.handleCommand(PlayerCon
    nection.java:967)
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R1.PlayerConnection.chat(PlayerConnection.j
    ava:885)
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R1.PlayerConnection.a(PlayerConnection.java
    :840)
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R1.Packet3Chat.handle(Packet3Chat.java:44)
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R1.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:292
    )
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R1.PlayerConnection.d(PlayerConnection.java
    :113)
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R1.ServerConnection.b(SourceFile:35)
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R1.DedicatedServerConnection.b(SourceFile:3
    0)
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R1.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:5
    80)
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R1.DedicatedServer.r(DedicatedServer.java:2
    25)
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R1.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:4
    76)
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java
    :409)
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_5_R1.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:5
    73)
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Player list names can only be a m
    aximum of 16 characters long
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_5_R1.entity.CraftPlayer.setPlayerListName(C
    raftPlayer.java:168)
            at Backbone.Backbone.onCommand(Backbone.java:1164)
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:44)
            ... 15 more
    And it says my join event is causing it. But all it does is color their name in the TAB list. Does NOT add anything to it. Any reason why im getting this?

...and any tricks to get out of it?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  2. Offline

Sayshal

When you add a color to someones name, I'm pretty sure it actually adds the color code to the beginning of their name, thus making their name longer.

3. a chatcolor haves the length of 2 character, the longest player name is game is 16, so with the chat color its 18 characters, causing the error to be thrown (this is an annoying thing for most )

GrandmaJam likes this.
  4. Offline

FireBreath14

ferrybig Sayshal ok i get that. and maybe instead of it in TAB list, ill just color their name in chat. thanks guys :)

5. Offline

Sayshal

I use a renamer so they choose a name 14> characters, then colors will be fine.

GrandmaJam likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.