Name Colors

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Red_Jay, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Offline

Red_Jay

Plugin category: Administrative Tools

Suggested name: Name Colors

What I want: I would like a plugin that allows users (with certain permissions) to add color to their name. I do not, however, want it to be like /nick where they can CHANGE their name, just the color of it. So for example, if I were a donor, I could type /color lightgreen and it would change my displayname color to @a (light green).

Ideas for commands:
    /color [color] (color your name
    /color reset (switch the color back to default white)
    /color list (displays a list of all the colors you could choose)

Ideas for permissions:
    namecolor.change

When I'd like it by: As soon as you think you could create this! Preferably within a week, but I do not know how hard this plugin would be to create. Thanks for reading!

I have seen SIMILAR plugins but they either did not work or allowed the player to change their actual name along with the color.

2. Offline

epicc0der

I can do this for you I'll have it done by the weekend! :)

3. Offline

Red_Jay

Awesome! Thanks a lot man. If you have any questions about features etc feel free to ask. And, once again, thanks!

4. Offline

GotChuNow

I already made a plugin for this a while back.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/zr1h7ndvg588dc0/NameColors.jar

/color
    -- Lists all the color codes
    /color <color code>
    -- Changes the color of a player's username.

In the config you can also change the "colored-playerlist" value so that players with colored names show up in the player list (tab).

Blades_ likes this.
  5. Offline

Blades_

6. Offline

JellybeanPrince

Mark as solved.

7. Offline

Red_Jay

GotChuNow I downloaded it and tried it but either it's not compatible with Essentials or Groupmanager or it just doesn't work. I would try it when I had no prefix or anything editing my name and it wouldn't work. It would say you have successfully changed the color of your name but no changes would occur.