MySQL Server w/ Bukkit

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by sammy0025, May 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

sammy0025

Hi guys,

I just want to find out how do I make a MySQL database that works with Bukkit. I know a lot of people are asking this, but I have a special situation here. I am hosting the server on Linux Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, and some good plugins simply need MySQL. Because of the usage of Linux, Wamp is out of the question. I once managed to create a database with all that stuff, but the most important thing is: how do I even link it? (Take LogBlock as an example) Or should I just go online and rent a MySQL server? Could someone give me a easy-to-follow tutorial on all of this? Just another question that's out of this: does turning the server to online mode solve all the problems with professional client-side griefing plugins like Op-Forcer and Unban-Forcer?

Thanks a lot and I really appreciate your help.

2. Offline

c0mp

This seems to be as good a tutorial as any, in terms of setting up mysql. From there, you might need to create a database, possibly even tables, although most modern plugins can handle that portion just fine, as long as the plugin's config files are pointed to the right spot. If the Bukkit server is hosted on the same box as your mysql server, you'd point any plugins that use mysql to localhost, along with the login information, port number, etc. and the plugin should, fingers crossed, start populating data.

You can also go the extra mile and go full LAMP, if you're coming from a WAMP background. The linked tutorial goes over the installation of the various components, as well as phpmyadmin, which is great for managing your mysql server if you're not already familiar with it.

The problems surrounding running in offline mode and Op/Unban-Forcer have been explained here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.