MySql from Hey0

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Tony Grosinger, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Tony Grosinger

I could be wrong, but did not see any info on this yet.
    What will be required to use the MySql database that I am currently using in Hey0 when Bukkit comes out?

2. Offline

Fewmets

I'm not 100% sure, but I would assume that if SQL is being included in the Craftbukkit server, they will include premade SQL files for you (like mincraft.sql and update_x.sql). As for plugins, I would say it will probably be up to the maker whether or not premade SQL will be supplied, or if SQL will even be used. I'm sure that Craftbukkit will have an option for flatfile after all since one of the aspects of Craftbukkit and Bukkit are ease of use. I would venture a guess to say support for SQL will be very similar but most likely more used, than in Hey0.

Again, just so you know, I havn't looked at the code yet, and this is just a best estimate.

[EDIT] according to annother post I was reading flatfile support for the Craftbukkit server has been dropped. it is now all MySQL or SQLite. Plugins can still be both though. I hope to god that .sql files will be included with the Craftbukkit wrapper.

Tony Grosinger likes this.
  3. Offline

Tony Grosinger

Oh cool, thanks! Can't wait for the release

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.