My subdomain IP won't work

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by mightydespair, Apr 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

mightydespair

Here is the console says:

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\Troller'sCraft>java -Xmx1024M -jar craf
    tbukkit.jar
    Loading libraries, please wait...
    Apr 26, 2014 11:42:52 PM net.minecraft.util.io.netty.util.internal.PlatformDepen
    dent <clinit>
    INFO: Your platform does not provide complete low-level API for accessing direct
    buffers reliably. Unless explicitly requested, heap buffer will always be prefe
    rred to avoid potential system unstability.
    [23:42:52 INFO]: Starting minecraft server version 1.7.2
    [23:42:52 INFO]: Loading properties
    [23:42:52 INFO]: Default game type: SURVIVAL
    [23:42:52 INFO]: Generating keypair
    [23:42:52 INFO]: Starting Minecraft server on MinecraftTCS.us.to:25565
    [23:42:52 WARN]: **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
    [23:42:52 WARN]: The exception was: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign reques
    ted address: bind
    [23:42:52 WARN]: Perhaps a server is already running on that port?

please help me... I really want to have my own ip.
    thanks

2. Offline

tcvs

mightydespair Don't set the ip in the config for your subdomain. just start it like normal then make sure the subdomain has an A record point to your normal IP.

3. Offline

mightydespair

tcvs you mean that I will erase it then save? then how other players will join my network/server
    they told me that they lost connection when trying to join

4. Offline

kungfuko

Did you delete the ip in server.properties?

5. Offline

MaliciousMan

Exactly, all you have to do is configure it like normal, without a subdomain. Get a static external IP address, then have the subdomain point towards it. The subdomain is not actually your IP.

6. Offline

mightydespair

kungfuko yea I deleted it... MaliciousMan what ip should I give to the players that I want to join my server,
    they are not my real life friends, I just want them to join

7. Offline

kungfuko

8. Offline

mightydespair

kungfuko I already did that but they keep telling me that they can't connect to the server. What should I do?

9. Offline

XD 3VIL M0NKEY

mightydespair
    Where did you get your domain?
    You NEED to create an A Record DNS rule to redirect the users to your server's numerical IP.
    Leave server-ip in server.properties blank.

10. Offline

mightydespair

how do I create a record?

11. Offline

XD 3VIL M0NKEY

mightydespair

12. Offline

mightydespair

13. Offline

DrPyroCupcake

you just need to point the sub-domain at your IP. Do you not know how to do that?

14. Offline

mightydespair

why do you think that I know that?? that's why I keep asking question to others -_-
    but how do I point the sub-domain at my IP?

15. Offline

DrPyroCupcake

mightydespair because most people know that, but I shall tell you. When you are in the panel where you got the Sub-Domain do you see something like Destination: or similar? If you do put your IP in that.

16. Offline

mightydespair

DrPyroCupcake I really don't know what I am gonna do with it.For me, I know that I can trust the youtube. But,
    I did not see any youtube videos with the panel in the freedns.afraid.org LINK

17. Offline

DrPyroCupcake

mightydespair okay I just made a test domain. When you create your sub-domain it says Destination:
    You put your IP there. Also are you saying you don't trust me?

18. Offline

mightydespair

DrPyroCupcake dude Ik I can trust you... but in the first place, I am finding stuffs for that.. but I cant
    btw, what do you mean I put my IP there? my IPv4 or the local IP that I can see at whatsmyip.org

19. Offline

DrPyroCupcake

mightydespair your public IP a.k.a. the "local" IP that you see at whatsmyip.org

20. Offline

mightydespair

DrPyroCupcake and that's what I am doing, but, whenever I do that... my local IP is changing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.