My server loads a new world on restart.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Xelnagahunter, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Xelnagahunter

Each time I load my server it "prepares the spawn" and if I don't have a seed specified it randomly generates a new world file on a new seed. If I specify the seed it just replicates the seed over and over.
    I've tried this with no plugins on the server so I know a plugin is not the issue. I've place gold blocks and upon restarting the server, they are gone even if I input a seed in the server.properties file. Inventories, ban lists, op, etc. all stay the same however, just any actual progress in the world is reset.

I've tried this with 2 different builds.

I've been changing the bukkit jar file to the name used in the example start.bat, should I be changing the start.bat instead to the full name of the bukkit build I'm using? I've not idea what is causing this and my friends (also running bukkit servers) never heard of the issue.

2. Offline

mastermustard

is it actually generating a new world or does it just say "preparing spawn"

3. Offline

wowzersam

Is your world named "world"? Or in your server.properties, is your default world "world"? this may be the problem

4. Offline

Xelnagahunter

It does actually generate a new world each time I log in. Like a said, I've placed blocks and when I reset the blocks were missing, however; my inventory remained unchanged.

The level's file folder is World and the server.properties say the same thing. I just let the jar do it's own thing and it's going haywire.

5. Offline

UltiFix

are you using the stop command to stop the server? lol before I knew I was supposed to use the stop command this happened to me I think :)

6. Offline

wowzersam

Huh well maybe your world is named "World" with a capital W...idk if it is case sensitive

7. Offline

Xelnagahunter

I am NOT using the stop command. Maybe that will fix it.

SOLVED! Thank you mboy289!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.