My plugin crashes clients and corrupts maps...why?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Lookatmego, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Lookatmego

This new plugin ive been working on basically does what the title says...here is the main class: http://pastie.org/2534317

and the blocklistener: http://pastie.org/2534318

soo any idea?i dont know whats causing it i also have no idea what to do to stop it please help thanks

(ps. the point of the plugin is to check if the random number chosen is 1-10 if it is any of those numbers it drops the designated food item if it is above 10 then drops air meaning drops nothing at all.....)

2. Offline

Taco

This is your issue:
    b.getWorld().dropItemNaturally(event.getBlock().getLocation(), new ItemStack(Material.AIR, 0));
    A stack of air is a null item and will cause a client to crash because it can't process an item that's trying to exist yet it doesn't.

Edit: You can probably remove that line entirely. I also suggest that long chunk of if statements to contain else if rather than if so that it doesn't have to do all the work every time.

By that I mean the line where it says:

if (rand == 1)

if (rand == 2)

if (rand == 3)

if (rand == 4)

I suggest making it like this:

if (rand == 1)

else if (rand == 2)

else if (rand ==3)

else if (rand ==4)

etc...

3. Offline

Lookatmego

hmm i thought that would cause a problem so how would i make it so if the random number is bigger than 10 it drops nothing??

4. Offline

Taco

Simply don't have a statement for a number bigger than 10. If it's bigger than 10, there will be nothing for it to do, therefore nothing will drop.

5. Offline

Lookatmego

alright thanks dude!:D

6. Offline

Taco

No problem! :D

7. Offline

ALFONSO

that or just use switch :p

8. Offline

Choelian

That's what I was thinkin'