My IP keeps changing?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by CC3475, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

CC3475

Yesterday i was on my server and all of the sudden i get kicked. I looked and notcied that my internet waS down. SO i restarted everything and i try to go on my server and it cant connect. I look in the console ans saw that my listen IP changed. So i just reforwarded the ports to the new IP. So just now i get on and see that the IP changed AGAIN. Why does it keep changing? This has never happened before! Help me!

2. Offline

sverre26

get a domain and no-ip
    you can create a free domain with no-ip and a program that registrers if your ip changes and points the new domain to your new ip
    also you can point the other domain to the no-ip domain

3. Offline

Preatomicmatt

Ok, so you go to no-ip.org , sign up, download the program, and setup the DNS. It automagically adapts to your IP.

4. Offline

CC3475

I already do have a custom domain.
    Could this be caused by making another server on a different computer?

5. Offline

sverre26

point the doomain to the no-ip domain and keep the no ip program running on the server computer

then the no-ip domain always point to your ip and your custom domain always point to the no-ip domain

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
  6. Offline

CC3475

Yesterday I unplugged my modem...Is that why it changed?

7. Offline

astroskillz

What the other guy is saying is completely not true!

The IP of your computer keeps changing because your router assigns a certain IP to your computer. You can set a dedicated IP on your router to the computer.

Also, when you unplug your modem, your public IP can change, make sure to avoid doing that.

8. Offline

CC3475

I unplugged my modem once and it changed the IP. It stayed plugged in and it changed yet again. Can you please help me solve this?

9. Offline

afistofirony

10. Offline

Tomrocks99

Do you have a Static IP?

11. Offline

CC3475

i have a dynamic ip

Its not the IP for the server, its my IPv4 address

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
  12. Offline

Tomrocks99

If it is the last few numbers that keep changing you need a static IP, I had the same issue.

13. Offline

Jade

Or he may have a short DCHP lease. What modem brand do you have? What model as well?

14. Offline

Lolmewn

*DHCP
    But yea, that might also be the problem.
    Looking at this, I think he just doesn't have a static IP, which he needs. The router will 'remember' your MAC address and assign a certain IP to it every time he sees it.

15. Offline

Jade

Mine actually doesn't do that. (A NetGear) -- I don't host any servers from my house, but my IP is dynamic externally, as well as internally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.