My IP is changing constantly

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by dragonreakr, Feb 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

dragonreakr

Guys can you help me my IP is changing constantly without closing my computer (only at night)
    it changed today in 20 minutes and this became constantly i need help couse my friends can't play
    on my server.
    If anyone knows how to solve it please reply me

Thanks

2. Offline

yttriuszzerbus

Your IP is assigned by your ISP. Try contacting them to see if they offer static IP addresses (they may charge extra)
    Failing that, use a site like no-ip.com to create a domain such as myserver.no-ip.com to always point to your IP.

3. Offline

dragonrykr

Yeah but who are ISP?

4. Offline

greatman

Your internet service provider

5. Offline

dragonrykr

And can someone tell me how to use Dynamic Update Client from No-Ip.com to fix my IP, couse i don't know how to use it :(

6. Offline

dragonrykr

really guys tell me basic things with Dynamic Update Client if you know i need it :(

7. Offline

MrRedLogan

8. Offline

dragonrykr

Yeah but it keeps telling me that DNS isnt correct and i am using Windows 7 so i tried with all IPs and it is still that message :(

9. Offline

LEOcab

Only master hacker programmer gurus can host servers. You are nowhere near ready.

Simanova and MrRedLogan like this.
  10. Offline

Bertware

Just make sure you have added a host to your no-ip.org account
    Thereafter, make sure the credentials in the client are correct.

11. Offline

TnT

Set the DNS server as your Router IP if you're following MrRedLogan posted video.

Deleted user likes this.
  12. Offline

dragonrykr

thanks i will try

13. Offline

Deleted user

As TnT said, change your IP to your Router IP. Assuming that you don't change routers every few days (like me), that should work.

14. Offline

dragonrykr

you mean ipv4 address or ipv6?

15. Offline

Panzerwurst

Ipv4 is the one you need to set

16. Offline

dragonrykr

thanks man

but i have only local area connection and when i do the thing on 5:53 my internet dies and my computer needs 2 dns servers not one

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2016
  17. Offline

dragonrykr

hey does someone know how to fix this please

18. Offline

roslin

It may be because of dynamic ip address .If your ip is dynamic means it will change while refreshing your modem .To stop changing ip address try to get the static ip .Static ip wont change at any situation .Contact your Internet Service Provider to get the static ip address.After getting the static ip address you can check it with the site Ip-details.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.