Problem/Bug My group manager prefix/suffix won't show?

Discussion in 'General Help' started by xKayla, Jun 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

xKayla

HI, my group manager works perfectly fine, the permissions work and everything!, but now the prefix/suffix won't show and I dont know how to fix it!

2. Offline

DemPugDubsDoe

Sorry, I have this same problem. I need help too.

I will tell you how to fix it if I figure it out :D

EDIT by Timtower: merged posts

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2015
  3. Offline

oceantheskatr

This is usually caused by not having EssentialsChat installed on your server. You will also need Essentials if you don't already, as it's a dependency for EssentialsChat to work.

If you're on 1.8 or higher, get Essentials & EssentialsChat here: https://hub.spigotmc.org/jenkins/job/Spigot-Essentials/
    If you're on 1.7.10 or lower, get Essentials & EssentialsChat here: Moderator removed direct link to download, so here's the link to the page: http://wiki.mc-ess.net/wiki/Main_Page

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  4. Offline

Karadayi

Since my server is 1.7.10, I did what you said. But nothing changed. The permissions are still messed up and all. My pex version is 1.22.8. is that the right 1 for 1.7.10 for spigot?

Also my pex is red when i do /pl. And its just glitched. It gives some permissions and some extra permissions to members. I dont know whats wrong

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2015
  5. @Karadayi if it's red that means it is disabled and not being used. There will be a message in console telling you why.

6. Offline

Karadayi

Yea but which version of pex is the right one for 1.7.10.

7. Offline

Karadayi

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2015
  8. @Karadayi The permissions file is the same for all versions except I believe 1.7.1 and onwards default was moved to options. This may help: https://github.com/PEXPlugins/PermissionsEx/wiki/Basic-Permissions-Setup and you can always set it up ingame and once you have done a group you may be able to see what you need to do in the file.

As for Essentials, the only 1.8 one is unofficial so I believe the one on Bukkit is 1.7.x still.

9. Offline

Karadayi

@bwfcwalshy the group doesnt even set up in game, it says it did, and once I check my permissions file it still isn't there. Is 1.22.9 of pex the right one for 1.7.10?

10. @Karadayi That's latest 1.7 comparable one so yes. Please post your FULL startup log and permissions file in pastebin.com

11. Offline

Karadayi

12. @Karadayi Your 'permissions:' is in options for the noob group.

Moved to Bukkit Alternates

13. Offline

Karadayi

@bwfcwalshy I did what you said. Now when I do my /spawn it teleports me instead of giving me Error:0. But the prefixs still dont work. Some of the permissons work and some don't and some permissons are addded without me putting the permissions. For example, when noob does /kit, it tells them there is no available kits. Also pex gave them extra perms such as /back and /tpahere where they are not added in the file.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.