My friends can't join my server Connection time out

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by topcrime`, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

topcrime`

Hi there i just made a Bukkit server yesterday but none of my friend can't join my server only my brother. And yes we all bought the game. I already port forward my router and i turn off my windows firewall but my friend still can't join only my brother could. And i got comodo firewall. The error of my friends there getting is Server connection timed out. I give them my ip from cmyip.com and the port 25565 but they still can't join only my brother. how do i fix this? Thanks in advance :)

help please i really want play with my friends :(

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  2. Offline

topcrime`

3. Offline

Banana937

In server.properties, there is a section that is something like:
    Code:
    server-ip=
    Are you running Windows? If so, open CMD and type ipconfig. What the IPv4 Address is, put that as your server-ip.

4. Offline

Iyeru

Do you need the port in the server-ip=?

5. Offline

Banana937

No, because the server-ip is not your external IP, it's your internet IP, which you can get by typing ipconfig in CMD.

6. Offline

Iyeru

I can't get a person from europe to connect to my USA server sadly, always says "connection timed out: Connect"

7. Offline

topcrime`

My friend still can't connect to my server. They keep getting ''connection time out: connect'' error
    Is there any solution for this problem :(

8. Offline

Iyeru

However, I can connect to their server easily, with low lag even, it's strange -_-

9. Offline

cocoson

when you port forward you will have to have all these fields filled out
    External Port:25565
    Internal Port:25565
    Protocol: TCP #you will need to do this 2 times cause the Protocol needs to be TCP and UDP
    To IP Address: like mine is set to 192.168.1.10
    Enabled: make sure you check the box

go here and get the ip http://www.whatsmyip.org/
    and the ip you see at the top of that page is the ip your friends need to connect with

10. Offline

topcrime`

still didn't work? one of my friend told me that i need to get a static ip? Is that true or false? Is it safe to get static ip?

11. Offline

cocoson

well you dont need to pay your internet company to give you a static ip you can make your ip static you self.

i will see if i cant get a video up on how to do it

12. Offline

topcrime`

I just set up a static ip but my friends still can't get in :(

they get connection refused when they type my external ip:25565 and yes my firewall is off
    As you can see i already port forward

[​IMG]

I went to canyousee.org and i get this error while my server is running and i already port forward

[​IMG]

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

13. Offline

Banana937

1. Open CMD.
    2. Type ipconfig.
    3. Remember the IPv4 Address.
    4. For Server IP Adress in the Port Forwarding, use your IPv4 Address.
    Also, I would look up "How to Set a Static IP for <ROUTER> Windows Vista" on Google.

14. Offline

cocoson

yes they don't type in 25565
    go to http://www.whatsmyip.org/
    and at top of page it will say
    Your IP Address is #############
    and the numbers you find by that is the ip they use to connect to your server.

if they still can't connect you can find me here on my teams ventrilo server
    Ip: 174.36.215.248
    Port: 7888

and i would be glade to talk you or even show you how to get it working

15. Offline

Banana937

People are such durps. 25565 is the port. You aren't required to type it after the IP, because 25565 is the default port, so if you don't specify a port, it will assume the server runs on 25565.

However, it's a good idea to get into the habit of typing in ports, just in case you run into a server that doesn't run on 25565.

16. Offline

topcrime`

@Banana937 i did put IPv4 address on the server ip on my netgear portfarward and i did set up a static ip

@cocoson My friends still can't
    i don't got ventrilo :(

17. Offline

cocoson

ok topcrime do you have any type of voip software like skype,TeamSpeak3,ect
    cause you said you set every thing up right, and something is still wrong ,if you have any type of program that allows some one to see ur screen but not control it like SKYPE that would help out alot

18. Offline

topcrime`

I do have skype but my webcam doesn't work anymore :(

19. Offline

cocoson

no need for a webcam there is share screen
    add me cocoson1

20. Offline

topcrime`

i don't got a account though my friend downloaded on my computer just to chat with someone i don't know how to use skype. Im going to make a account right!

21. Offline

cocoson

ok that gives me time to download and re-install it for got i didnt have it any more.

but on the upside i hope we can get your bukkit server running and that your friends can connect.

22. Offline

topcrime`

lol i thought i got skype downloaded on my computer that weird well atm Im installing skype. I already made a account

Wow i need 30 minutes to go I'll tell you when I'm done installing skype

23. Offline

cocoson

well why thats doing its thing lets go over some steps really fast
    1.your port forwarding should look like this depending on router
    [​IMG]

2.find you ip at www.whatsmyip.com
    [​IMG]

3. this is how your friends should look when trying to connect
    [​IMG]

24. Offline

topcrime`

yeah my friend did type my external ip but for some reason they get connection time out error.

25. Offline

cocoson

whats ur server ip
    and i will try to connect to it

26. Offline

topcrime`

27. Offline

cocoson

well there is something blocking it. took like 5 secs before it told me that it couldn't connect, so it shouldn't be that bad to get it working for your friends to be able to join

28. Offline

topcrime`

try again i had my firewall on that time, now i have i have it off

so is there any solution for this problem? i hope so

29. Offline

cocoson

yes once i can get to see your screen and how you set every thing up we can fix the errors you have for them connecting

30. Offline

topcrime`

so how are you going to get in my screen? skype?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.