My Bukkit Server Will Not Work.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by DeathNOES, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

DeathNOES

Hey guys. I am new to Bukkit Forums, but have experience with managing a server. However, today I was not able to start my server because it said the following: 174 recipes
    27 achievements
    22:49:28 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.1
    22:49:28 [INFO] Loading properties
    22:49:28 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on 192.168.1.119:25565
    22:49:28 [WARNING] **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
    22:49:28 [WARNING] The exception was: java.net.BindException: Address already in use
    22:49:28 [WARNING] Perhaps a server is already running on that port?
    >
    This has not occurred until today, and I am not sure how to fix this. If you do know please tell me! Your help is appreciated.

2. Offline

travja

Is this the first time starting the server today? Also, have you started the server on other days other than today and the last time you ran it?

3. Offline

HunterT

This most likely means you already have started a server, If not, look up a tutorial on how to Port Forward.

4. Offline

Panzerwurst

Id follow what HunterT says

If your running your server on windows and want to see if the minecraft servers running do the following,

launch the task manager (Ctrl+Alt+delete) go to the processes tab and look for java.exe (it should be using soemthing like 200-400 mb) and end that process

them try re-launching your server from your bat file again and see if it comes up with the same error

You could also check that nothing else is using the port number 25565

5. Offline

Sayshal

It's most likly a bad port a double instance of java.
    Easiest way to tell is shut down minecraft/your server and restart your computer.
    When you start it back up, if it's no more errors than smile, and remember never use the 'X' on the black box. Use 'stop'.

When you start it back up, if there's still errors, follow what HunterT said about IP addresses.

6. Offline

yttriuszzerbus

Also, make sure server-ip in server.properties is BLANK:
    server-ip=
    ^Like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.